Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: That... ohh Sh*t moment  (Read 1218 times)

irro

• Former member
That... ohh Sh*t moment
« on: June 13, 2012, 03:53:04 AM »
You know when you build a pretty good airline at a small airport then want to expand to the international airport and order a bunch of dc8s for the routes so you have 15 a/c and then realize that you have to be in business for 18 months not six for a second base....

And realize its going to bankrupt you

Offline Jona L.

• Members
Re: That... ohh Sh*t moment
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 10:47:44 AM »
You know when you build a pretty good airline at a small airport then want to expand to the international airport and order a bunch of dc8s for the routes so you have 15 a/c and then realize that you have to be in business for 18 months not six for a second base....

Only happens once in life ;)

DanDantes

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 03:00:54 PM »

Ouch.....

Offline Airbus101

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 05:50:18 PM »
Somthing I learned today, as my 727 started rolling in...

I may have just enought capital to make it work..
or fire sale on F27's :(

irro

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 08:39:38 PM »
Im considering relocating my airline since I still have eight months before I can open a new base

Offline Airbus101

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 04:24:26 PM »
learned not to open my mouth about financial stuff anymore upon hearing I was in financial trouble and not able to open a 2nd base a larger airline cut and pasted over me in my base.

I was struggling to learn in my small city by myself, now I have a larger airline with a very high CI sitting on my face.

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 06:19:00 PM »
learned not to open my mouth about financial stuff anymore upon hearing I was in financial trouble and not able to open a 2nd base a larger airline cut and pasted over me in my base.

I was struggling to learn in my small city by myself, now I have a larger airline with a very high CI sitting on my face.

From what I understand, if he is purposely trying to BK you based on hearing that you are a struggling new airline, that might be a rule violation that you could complain to the admins about...

but yes, in general it's probably not a good idea to post on the forums that you are having financial trouble (unless you think your competitors already know it, and it's become public information).

For example, one time I did post on the forums saying I was near BK, to ask for emergency mentoring--but in that case, I was so deep in the hole that keeping my financial trouble "secret" would not have saved me, whereas some expert advice might have (and eventually did) help me learn what I was doing wrong and how to fix it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 06:21:56 PM by EsquireFlyer »

Offline Airbus101

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 07:17:50 PM »
Nah, its a game... I'm learning... I'm not out to complain. just learn.

I expect he had plans to probably go there anyway, hell in 3 months hes doing better then me in my own home city
I now see how good CI is. I give him a +1 for timing.

irro

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 07:26:55 PM »
I think with some fancy schedule changes.. and terminating some leases and having a good amount of capital I might actually survive

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 12:18:35 AM »
I think with some fancy schedule changes.. and terminating some leases and having a good amount of capital I might actually survive

Are your ordered planes bought, or leased? I may be in the market to pick up some DC8s.

irro

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 04:30:00 AM »
I leased them.  Only four more months before I can open a new base

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 08:03:41 AM »
I won't pick up new planes until I know I have somewhere to put them but everyone makes mistakes. I have yet to survive an entire scenario myself and I'm making that harder by being an all-Soviet airline in DoTM.

If you can cover the lease costs and still afford to open a new base in the mean time, you could just sit on the planes or find some temporary routes for them. Otherwise you may want to cancel the leases if it's still possible. Keep in mind that lease payments don't kick in until a few months after delivery as your down payment covers initial costs.

irro

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 04:52:06 PM »
Hows it coming with the all soviet?  Those MX fees must be killing you

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2012, 04:52:48 AM »
I'm doing well actually, just direct-purchased another Tu-154 at 100% and my last direct competitor just BKed. It's actually the tax bills that hurt more than anything but I do get most of it back in huge tax returns every January that help me buy planes. I offset the maintenance with dirt cheap leases, launch customer discounts and by owning as many planes as I can. I have 39 planes and hardly notice the C-Checks except as spam in my messages. If too many of them hit at once, I might post a loss on the week but I maintain a strong cash reserve for that. It's going to get interesting in '86 though when the D-Checks start coming in. I'm probably going to have to do a lot of those as I anticipate losing most of my production lines.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.