Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: cant create long haul flight with tech stop  (Read 2410 times)

Offline Andriy

• Members
cant create long haul flight with tech stop
« on: June 12, 2012, 10:15:04 PM »
Have a trouble with tech stop flights, wonder if someone could help
I am setting up a long haul flight with a refueling stop - lets say 4057nm route from Madrid to Mumbai with a refueling stop at Tel-Aviv, consists of two sections: 1912nm and 2184nm. I have B727Adv with a 2300nm range that should be perfectly able flying this - but than the "aicraft type" drop down menu does not allow me to chose it, only gives the aircrafts able to fly non-stop.
Any hints?

Offline BryanIAH

• Members
Re: cant create long haul flight with tech stop
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 10:20:19 PM »
Did you add a tech stop to the return trip too?

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 12:06:27 AM »
Did you add a tech stop to the return trip too?

+1

Offline Andriy

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 09:43:32 PM »
Thanks! That was the problem indeed. Weird... I did not use tech stops for a while but I think you did not have to schedule a return tech stop before, it was the same airport by default (why would someone have tech stops in different airports?)

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 10:18:40 PM »
(why would someone have tech stops in different airports?)

Wind... doesn't make much sense in AWS though

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 11:44:04 PM »
Thanks! That was the problem indeed. Weird... I did not use tech stops for a while but I think you did not have to schedule a return tech stop before, it was the same airport by default (why would someone have tech stops in different airports?)

Sometimes the airport that has the best tech stop is closed due to curfew when you are going in one direction but is open on the other direction.

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 11:45:38 PM »
Wind... doesn't make much sense in AWS though

This too, plus odd variations in taxi in/out times. Sometimes I can save as much as 40 minutes on a LH flight by doing techstop in AAA on the way there, and BBB on the way back. Obviously 40 minutes is not enough to fit in another flight, but it is enough to lower your delay rate from 15% to 5% or so (or 20% to 10%, etc.). And if you're doing 7-day, the 40 minutes can help with the scheduling tetris.

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 12:56:36 PM »
I once had a route from (can't remember exactly) Europe to South America.  At both ends the runway was too short for a long flight so the outbound was xxx - MAD - South America (a short hop followed by the long-haul) and the return was South America - somewhere in Brazil - Europe (same again).  So runway length can make you need different tech-stops in each direction - especially when there's no mid-point option (in the middle of the Atlantic).

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 03:16:11 PM »
I once had a route from (can't remember exactly) Europe to South America.  At both ends the runway was too short for a long flight so the outbound was xxx - MAD - South America (a short hop followed by the long-haul) and the return was South America - somewhere in Brazil - Europe (same again).  So runway length can make you need different tech-stops in each direction - especially when there's no mid-point option (in the middle of the Atlantic).

Or the middle of the Pacific. When is Wake Island going to be added to the airport list? I need it for an old-school Pan Am routing! ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.