Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Stat of the day  (Read 3834 times)

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
Re: Stat of the day
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 09:13:29 PM »
 Quit being a troll?

The only trolls here are certain players high-fiving themselves for achieving feats that are only possible to achieve by playing this game 24/7.
Some of them for the sixth consecutive game world I might add. Many of them by abusing game mechanics.
I am self employed and simply have no time to give this game more than 15 minutes a day, which would not nearly be enough to switch my 777 fleet to another type effectively. So I have kept it. I have, with the little time I put into it, managed to keep my airline profitable until fuel permanently rose over the 1300 USD mark, which is far beyond anything you blabbed the 777 would be sustainable at. I know that my 737 fleet is partly to thank for that, but that's not the point.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2012, 09:35:20 PM »
At first, you felt the need to "gg Swiftus" by pointing out how you made it this far.... without competition, mind you.   
Then, its pointed out that your old fleet, again flying with little competition, was losing tons of money.
Now this is turning into a cry thread. 

We tried to help.  We tried to warn you.  None of us are giving 'high-fives'.  We truly spend time helping people learn this game. 

I too have a job.  I don't have time to play this full time.  This is why I pick hard places to start an airline (Like how I failed in the newest JA game flying out of JNB all because I forgot to hedge).   Take a look..... I am playing no games right now. 

Sure, some people want to dominate the sim.  This is 100% correct.  They play in every game and stay until the end.  I come on here to see if people need advice/help.  Many people are grateful.  You, on the other hand, took the "I will show you" attitude and have tried to rub my nose in it.

Also, claiming some are using exploits, I would ask for you to show proof in any manner.  Personally, I have help champion the cause against many forms of exploiting and cheating in this sim (for instance, auto refreshers). 

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 09:46:10 PM »
I put into it, managed to keep my airline profitable until fuel permanently rose over the 1300 USD mark, which is far beyond anything you blabbed the 777 would be sustainable at. I know that my 737 fleet is partly to thank for that, but that's not the point.

I think that was swiftus' original point, that on their own, leased 777s are very tough to fly profitably.

And I think you do now see that point now as well.  Your airline is/was profitable due to your profitable 737 fleet, not due to the 777 fleet.

The thing is that you have to make so much money on your 737 / A320 that you can buy your LH fleet.  Anyway, it's a learning experience, I am sure you will do well in the future game worlds with knowledge you gained in MT6.

The only trolls here are certain players high-fiving themselves for achieving feats that are only possible to achieve by playing this game 24/7.
Some of them for the sixth consecutive game world I might add. Many of them by abusing game mechanics.
I am self employed and simply have no time to give this game more than 15 minutes a day, which would not nearly be enough to switch my 777 fleet to another type effectively. So I have kept it. I have, with the little time

Mega airlines do take some time commitment, but you can still do very well if you log in once per day.  I think that's what AWS should strive to be.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2012, 09:51:53 PM »

Mega airlines do take some time commitment, but you can still do very well if you log in once per day.  I think that's what AWS should strive to be.

Please, I don't want to turn this into a whining thread, but an airline like your's is just not managable by logging in once a day. The time you must have spent for switching schedules to your 787 fleet alone.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 10:10:27 PM »
Please, I don't want to turn this into a whining thread, but an airline like your's is just not managable by logging in once a day. The time you must have spent for switching schedules to your 787 fleet alone.

take an hour out of your time and you can quickly change over a ton of LH planes.

Make sure you have ample time for your flights out and returns back.  An early generation plane may have quicker turn times than the second or third.... you can cripple your airline by flying 15% chance of delays.   This way, when you change a fleet over, you will always know that you will never need to worry about your future slots.  

Upgrading an A320/737 fleet is easy.  As long as you're not changing from Classic to NG 737s... You should have rolled your planes over long ago.  It would have taken no time to quickly do that.

In the end, how hard would it have been to simply say "You know what, I tried my best to prove you guys wrong.  But alas, leased 772s will take down an airline in the end."   It's called being contrite.  Many of us became better friends here that way...  Some got angrier and opted to go a different route....  

This is a learning sim.  This is an evolving sim.   777s will excel when cargo is implemented, so be encouraged to use them when freight is in the sim.  
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:20:51 PM by swiftus27 »

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 10:17:10 PM »
For what? The savings on maintenance are more than compromised by higher leases. There is not a point in doing that for planes the age of mine.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012, 10:23:40 PM »

True, MT6 airline took some time, but when I needed a break after playing ATL in MT3, I played a very low maintenance, very profitable airline in MT4 out of IAD.  I didn't even log in once per day.

As far as transitioning between fleets, 737 to A320 was easy, A330 to 787 was mostly easy except those that had tech stop.  LAX is definitely NOT a low maintennce airport.  EWR could be.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 10:23:51 PM »
For what? The savings on maintenance are more than compromised by higher leases. There is not a point in doing that for planes the age of mine.

You essentially ran American Airlines....   great planes... but when they were new a long time ago.   Overhead will slaughter you.    As these planes age, those green numbers showing profit can get extremely misleading.    

Honestly that 'Profit Screen' is what they call "Contribution Margin" in accounting.   The amount of money an item pays towards the fixed costs of the company.

Online Dutch

• Members
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 10:30:11 PM »
Yep that would be why i would be surprised if i BK. It was nice competing against you Dutch. This is my first game that i played long term. I normally get bored after a few years a quit.
On a more kind note as above replies ;)
It was a absolutely great flying out of ORD and I must say that you are an excellent CEO! Respect! (also to fredricimpens).

Last game we got to 260 planes from RUH without competition and I think this game has broadened my perspective! MT7 will start at the beginning of my summer break and you can expect I'll be ready to jump right in!

Regards,

Dutch

Offline connorc17

• Members
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2012, 04:12:31 PM »
I'm very surprised I've made it out alive to be honest. My airline hasn't seen avg. load factor above 75% literally at all this game world.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2012, 06:19:49 PM »
I'm very surprised I've made it out alive to be honest. My airline hasn't seen avg. load factor above 75% literally at all this game world.

Excellent work.  I bet through you maintaining a healthy fleet of newer planes?  I am just guessing.

Offline connorc17

• Members
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2012, 06:29:04 PM »
Wish I could say it was that, but my owning my whole fleet definitely helps and controlling a majority shares of slots at a busy airport has helped keep my competitors at bay.

Offline Tom14cat14

• Members
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2012, 05:41:45 PM »
I am not sure i will make it to the end. I am getting bored of this game. I have planes in LAX with no routes but i just do not want to put forth the effort to schedule them.
APB Airlines

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.