Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Stat of the day  (Read 3831 times)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Stat of the day
« on: June 12, 2012, 04:48:49 AM »
Number of airlines that started MT6 on day 1 and are still alive: 49

Offline ArcherII

• Members
Re: Stat of the day
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 04:53:39 AM »
Isn't it kind of the norm towards the end of games?

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 06:17:11 AM »
49 out of 650 airlines that started on day 1 means 1 out of 13 airlines made it.  (BTW, my airline was not one of them, I restarted).

MT6 turned out to be fairly challenging, more challenging than previous games that I remember.  9/11 dip, then a fuel spike to near 1000 in ~2004 left intact only very well run airlines.  And now we have a sustained fuel price level of 1200-1300 for about 2 game years.  I think those of us who wanted a challenging game should be happy about MT6.  There may be more to come.  I think the peak fuel price was ~1450 in MT5 (it lasted only short time).

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 06:38:10 AM »
I have to agree that we have seen less bankruptcies due to boredom than for actual struggle, maybe this is the way to go?
Still, there's the issue with the fleet replacements. If you're running a 7-day sched and are facing a much needed fleet renewal (older model for new different model), then it is very discouraging and you end up steering to other world.

DanDantes

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 07:07:44 AM »
I have to agree that we have seen less bankruptcies due to boredom than for actual struggle, maybe this is the way to go?
Still, there's the issue with the fleet replacements. If you're running a 7-day sched and are facing a much needed fleet renewal (older model for new different model), then it is very discouraging and you end up steering to other world.

I agree and would like to add that it is worse when you move from one type of bird to a diffrent one. Then there is no easy way to change the schedule unless you go in a change every route to the new bird.....painful...

Dan

Offline AndiD

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 07:24:00 AM »
With one or two planes per day coming in it's not that bad for me, a bit of "daily maintenance" that beats waiting for something to happen or to be delivered.

The best thing about MT6 for me was a successful case of "turnaround management" (no pun intended) - was bleeding money at some point, had to sell one of two owned planes at some point to stay afloat and cut several unprofitable planes/routes. After that I was back to ~5% profitability...

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 07:52:51 AM »
49 out of 650 airlines that started on day 1 means 1 out of 13 airlines made it.  (BTW, my airline was not one of them, I restarted).

MT6 turned out to be fairly challenging, more challenging than previous games that I remember.  9/11 dip, then a fuel spike to near 1000 in ~2004 left intact only very well run airlines.  And now we have a sustained fuel price level of 1200-1300 for about 2 game years.  I think those of us who wanted a challenging game should be happy about MT6.  There may be more to come.  I think the peak fuel price was ~1450 in MT5 (it lasted only short time).

And I might add that I am one of them despite excessive use of leased 777s. GG Swiftus.

Online andriitis

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 08:32:03 AM »
Cool, so few survivors?

For me fuel hasn't really been an issue since the very start, running a quite small regional operation out of RIX my main problems were at the startup phase (getting enough plane while maintaining profitability). Also I pretty soon decided on a fleet strategy and which planes I would get, and with that knowledge I could save up money so that I could own at least 50% of my planes from each new order (of course buying the non-owned ones up when more money came in). When I got bored and was rich I opened two smaller bases, and to keep the game fun until the very end I opened a base in Bucharest and bought Mitshubishi Regional Jets just for fun (my 4th fleet group).

What I think helped me greatly was also the choice of An-140 as a turboprop. Sure, the Dash8-400 or Saab2000 might have been a slightly better choice from a speed/fuel efficiency point of view, but An-140's never had a long waiting time and I could get them whenever I needed. And now, with production lines closed, there are quite a lot of them on the used market if I need some more planes for smaller routes. I think I currently own something like 60-65% of all An-140's built (i own 80+ of these small props).

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 01:55:50 PM »
Number of airlines that started MT6 on day 1 and are still alive: 49

Lower than I would have thought TBH.  I bet some of those 49 close up before the end aswell, which will mean maybe just 30 or 40 players will see the game though to it's conclusion.   

This is the sort of stat that would be good to view in a "players playing history" section in which I hope we'll get one day !
...it's not over until I say it's over

Offline Tom14cat14

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 06:46:36 AM »
As one of the 49 it will when the next MT gets closer it will be interesting to see what i decide to do. Although i may stick it out for some fun, like what i am doing right now i opened a base in Jumbos fortress LAX. I am going for hmm maybe 5% market share with 100 wide-bodies.
APB Airlines

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 11:12:33 AM »
Tomcat...I am not sure who is going to have fun with who, but a bold move either way....will certainly give you something to monitor   ;)
...it's not over until I say it's over

Offline Tom14cat14

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 03:53:50 PM »
He could do a bunch of 321 tech stops if he wants but it would still be fun for me knowing he will put that much work in just for me. If he leaves it as is I will just take a small % of his traffic and be a very small thorn in is side.
APB Airlines

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 08:48:12 PM »
As one of the 49 it will when the next MT gets closer it will be interesting to see what i decide to do. Although i may stick it out for some fun, like what i am doing right now i opened a base in Jumbos fortress LAX. I am going for hmm maybe 5% market share with 100 wide-bodies.

Good luck.  Don't get over your head.  I would hate to lose another SC airline.  Your LFs are already yellow...

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 09:01:04 PM »
Lots of bravado let's see of anyone got the moves to back up their big talk.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 09:13:45 PM »
Lots of bravado let's see of anyone got the moves to back up their big talk.

I am not planning any "moves" against tom14cat14.  Whatever happens as a result of his moves will be entirely self inflicted...

Offline Tom14cat14

• Members
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2012, 04:08:51 AM »
If i BK i would be amazed. I know this will not even hurt him but i needed to do something to get a little interest back in this game world.
APB Airlines

Offline Dutch

• Members
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2012, 11:07:28 AM »
If i BK i would be amazed. I know this will not even hurt him but i needed to do something to get a little interest back in this game world.

ORD is getting kinda low on slots isn't it  ;)

Regards,

Dutch

Offline Tom14cat14

• Members
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2012, 04:42:22 PM »
ORD is getting kinda low on slots isn't it  ;)

Regards,

Dutch

Yep that would be why i would be surprised if i BK. It was nice competing against you Dutch. This is my first game that i played long term. I normally get bored after a few years a quit.
APB Airlines

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2012, 05:03:58 PM »
Yep that would be why i would be surprised if i BK. It was nice competing against you Dutch. This is my first game that i played long term. I normally get bored after a few years a quit.

You guys have quite a battle going there at ORD.  I guess it has been a stalemate for a while, with no slots available...

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 05:58:35 PM »
And I might add that I am one of them despite excessive use of leased 777s. GG Swiftus.

Your amazing weekly losses and ancient fleet truly is a testament to your management skills.  Quit being a troll?

You lost 70 million last fq.  You have no planes on order so that's not why.  If you only had some competition at EWR, you'd be singing a different tune.  

People who can read the numbers will understand what's going on.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 06:05:22 PM by swiftus27 »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.