Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Adjust limits based on game era  (Read 1357 times)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Adjust limits based on game era
« on: June 12, 2012, 03:18:11 AM »
Since there are big differences in passenger demand between Jet Age and Modern Times, with MT worlds being probably 2x JA if not more, some game limits should be adjusted to reflect that.  Also, there are 2x players in MT vs. JA, and it is next to impossible to get 25 airlines for an alliance, while in MT, there may be demand for a few more than 25.  Here are a few things that could be adjusted:

Alliance membership limits:
JA: 20
DM: 25
MT: 30

Aircraft buying limits (per 8 days):
JA: 2
DM: 3
MT: 4

Aircraft per base limit:
JA: 100
DM: 150
MT: 200
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:38:20 AM by JumboShrimp »

Online andriitis

• Members
Re: Adjust limits based on game era
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 02:20:41 PM »
Agree.

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 10:47:15 PM »
+1 to all of those
...it's not over until I say it's over

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 10:52:12 AM »
good ideas :)

Ansettaddict123

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 03:46:03 PM »
+1

I would also like to suggest the aircraft basing limit be increased in the last say 7 years of the game. high fuel prices means that most players have left and there is loads of undeserved demand. Possibly growing by 21 aircraft/ year? just enough to keep us all interested which improves player retention  ;)

(21 AC in itself doesnt seem like much, but over 3 bases this is 63 planes to schedule / real life week, plenty to keep us occupied if we so choose)

Offline Herman

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 09:30:04 PM »
All of this are great ideas  :)

Sami, hopefully you can look into these  ;)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 05:36:16 AM »
+1

I would also like to suggest the aircraft basing limit be increased in the last say 7 years of the game. high fuel prices means that most players have left and there is loads of undeserved demand. Possibly growing by 21 aircraft/ year? just enough to keep us all interested which improves player retention  ;)

(21 AC in itself doesnt seem like much, but over 3 bases this is 63 planes to schedule / real life week, plenty to keep us occupied if we so choose)

Interesting idea.  There is always some exodus of players in later stages of the game, especially in longer game worlds.  As the number of players goes down the survivors could use some new challenges.  Increasing the base limits would not only keep players occuppied, it would also increase the competition among the survivors...

Ansettaddict123

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 03:49:58 PM »
Interesting idea.  There is always some exodus of players in later stages of the game, especially in longer game worlds.  As the number of players goes down the survivors could use some new challenges.  Increasing the base limits would not only keep players occuppied, it would also increase the competition among the survivors...

exactly. it keeps us going.

For the last few years all we do it sit around and look at our airlines when we could still be getting involved if it weren't for the 100AC limit  ;)

bakuljav

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 04:47:22 PM »
+1

+1
that would be great

miksalo

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 10:41:43 PM »
+1
That had been great :)

Offline Meicci

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 03:08:08 AM »
As those limits are currently the same for each game world, it just won't work.

So +1 for this.

Offline [ATA] - lilius

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 05:54:14 PM »
I dont mind the limit at 100. It helps against players going into big bases with too tiny aircrafts. Its actually one of the few rules that forces players to use bigger aircrafts to compete.

I can also not see the point of a variable limit of airlines per alliance. If you cant get more than 10 you wont have more than 10. Its a non issue.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 05:56:36 PM by lilius »

Online ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, 07:21:21 PM »
I dont mind the limit at 100. It helps against players going into big bases with too tiny aircrafts. Its actually one of the few rules that forces players to use bigger aircrafts to compete.

I can also not see the point of a variable limit of airlines per alliance. If you cant get more than 10 you wont have more than 10. Its a non issue.

The point is not that an alliance can only get 10 members, but that in MT worlds there are often far more interested airlines than spots in an alliance.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 10:40:34 PM »
The point is not that an alliance can only get 10 members, but that in MT worlds there are often far more interested airlines than spots in an alliance.

The job of a good alliance administration is to already during application figure out which of the 10 applicants/spot will survive the next at least 10yrs. I think the alliance limit is just fine, but the aircraft limit should defo be raised. Especially since the top-20 airport block has been removed. Before that it was well understandable, and not really an issue. But If you are HQed in PEK and have a hub in SHA, you will need far more than 100 a/c, even if using 744D on domestics, to cover all demands...

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2012, 09:51:45 AM »
I really don't think the 100 a/c per base limit should be raised. This is a measure to protect smaller players, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I really can't see any possible benefit in this except for very few hardcore players like Jumbo or Herman, who would be given free reign this way.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2012, 05:33:41 PM »
I really don't think the 100 a/c per base limit should be raised. This is a measure to protect smaller players, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I really can't see any possible benefit in this except for very few hardcore players like Jumbo or Herman, who would be given free reign this way.

First, I am nowhere near the 3x100 base limit, mainly because LAX requires a lot of aircraft.  But other airlines have been at 3x100 for years.  Now that the number of players dipped below 300, I don;t see why it would be a problem for some airlines to expand...

Second, I would have rather used 200-300 aircraft at IAD than going to your base at EWR.  With higher (or no base limit), I might never have opened a 2nd base at EWR in this game world.

But the main reason for higher limit at the end of MT games vs. beginning of JA games is that the passenger demand is far higher in MT worlds.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, 09:11:21 PM »
Second, I would have rather used 200-300 aircraft at IAD than going to your base at EWR.  With higher (or no base limit), I might never have opened a 2nd base at EWR in this game world.

Probably. But Lunar would have killed me long before had he not been restricted to 100 aircraft. He is simply running a superior fleet strategy, I could not have won against that.
That would be healthier competition for sure, but as I said, the only true benefactors are a few very, let's call it dedicated players. True, if you chose the wrong base in the beginning and are then restricted to 100 planes in a base that you could grow more, that sucks. But I believe that this game is more interesting with a wide variety of players (+ it generates more revenue for sami) than with a few dominant figures ruling supreme after 1/3-1/2 of the game world is through.

Online ARASKA

• Members
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 02:41:03 PM »
I really don't think the 100 a/c per base limit should be raised. This is a measure to protect smaller players,
Agreed.

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 07:30:52 PM »
http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,31165.0.html

Already in archives, (very) old feature request by myself. Ability to "open" multiple bases at one airport, or actually just set a 300 plane limit on outstations, and allow random distribution of them over 3 hubs...

Offline TK1244

• Members
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 08:19:36 PM »
Although I'm supporting to protect smaller/beginner players, I like to see this increase of aircraft limits time to time.

I have based 100 aircraft at both base airports, but now I need to upgrade to larger planes due to increase in demand. While my competitor flies smaller DC-9 and F-27 planes, I now need to compete him with larger planes or continue flying with similar capacity planes but on less destinations. No chance to increase market share at his HQ :(
TK Regional

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.