Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Singapore Changi demand (compared to closed Paya Lebar)  (Read 753 times)

Offline Kaskoblue

• Members
Singapore Changi demand (compared to closed Paya Lebar)
« on: June 11, 2012, 06:24:08 PM »
How come that demand on e.g route Stockholm Arlanda - Changi is less than half of what it used to be to the old airport, Paya Lebar? Should not demand increase instead of drop, since there are no other competing airports where traffic could have transfered. Anybody else experiencing the same problem on other routes?
ceo
Losers Aviaton

Offline alexgv1

• Members
Re: Singapore Changi demand (compared to closed Paya Lebar)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 10:12:54 PM »
This is not an isolated incident as it happens with other airports when the new one is opened. Not sure if it is intentional or not.

One example I can think of is in DOTM3, CYYZ-LIML being 600/day and dropping to 300/day when the route changed to CYYZ-LIMC.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline Kaskoblue

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 05:17:39 AM »
Very strange... (and not very logical). I do not remember the same happening in DoTM3 at HKG when Kai Tak closed and Chek Lap Kok was opened. Well, when we come to the summer (July 06?) of -98 it will be interesting to see what happens with demand at HKG when the switch to the new airport will take place.

Offline mtnlion

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 12:36:52 PM »
In this same game world demand from Vancouver-Tokyo dropped from 500 to 150 when Narita opened.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 12:25:26 PM »
Buenos Aires - Sao Paulo dropped from 3600 to 2000

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.