Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Short Haul 20 seaters  (Read 669 times)

irro

• Former member
Short Haul 20 seaters
« on: June 07, 2012, 12:05:36 AM »
I want to make my airline realistic and serve the smaller communities around my airport.  Are these small planes profitable or break evens?  I dont want to loose money on them. 

Too bad the game doesnt have connecting traffic yet.

Offline GlobalCEO

• Members
Re: Short Haul 20 seaters
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 12:17:22 AM »
They can be if you have a lot of them flying. I stick with planes that have no less than 50 seats and routes with no less than 50 average daily passengers. That is about as low as you can get before it's really not worth you're energy..... unless you're up for a good challenge. :-)

irro

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 12:25:32 AM »
I just started this airline today and my fleet is Sud Aviation Caravelle 10B - They are 80 seaters with good range and low cost.  They are old and im planning on replacing them with fokkers but right now I have 2.. with 2 more on the way.  They have good demand on their routes with 4 flights each day.  I think they will get a great profit once the demand comes up, but I need 15 planes to open a new base and I dont think I can get that without serving the smaller cities around me.

irro

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 12:31:32 AM »
Im thinking about using de Havilland DH.114 Heron 2

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 02:13:54 PM »
Im thinking about using de Havilland DH.114 Heron 2

They worked for me in jet age. flying from kiev. serving only domestic in ussr. they didnt bring a fortune but enough to open a base and buy more planes

Online Emaw Jones

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 03:26:05 PM »
I would suggest being mindful of range on the aircraft, if your in a spot that has plenty of shorthaul under 200 mile routes, it can be great fun.

irro

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 07:23:37 PM »
I definately need those short range aircraft to get my numbers up for a new base

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.