Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New Lease Prices on Automatic Lease Extensions  (Read 2374 times)

Offline jejudo

• Members
New Lease Prices on Automatic Lease Extensions
« on: June 05, 2012, 11:51:41 AM »
I have three used planes leased from another player and I have them set up on automatic lease extensions. I noticed that the game allows the player who is leasing planes to change the lease price before the lease is automatically extended and I am automatically signed up for the new contract, without given a chance to approve the new lease terms. For example, I have been leasing these 2 planes:

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Aircraft/View/History/63113/
http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Aircraft/View/History/63509/

for about $1 million per month and suddenly I noticed today that the new lease price is ~$2.8 million. I would have never approved this new lease. I think this should be fixed in future AWS games.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: New Lease Prices on Automatic Lease Extensions
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 11:57:08 AM »
No, player cannot change the leasing price by himself.

But on automated extensions the new price is automatically calculated and based on 1 year lease terms on present day. So better agreee or manually extend them to the length you actually use them. Using short leases over and over again is not economical.

Offline jejudo

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 12:13:29 PM »
Perhaps the new lease price should be based on the current one adjusted for the age of the aircraft (i.e. +1 year older plane)?

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 01:55:19 PM »
Perhaps the new lease price should be based on the current one adjusted for the age of the aircraft (i.e. +1 year older plane)?

1 million is a steal for a 777. 2.8 million is more along the lines of the "market" price for them, which is why few players can fly them without bankrupting.

As far as renewal costs, the new lease value is computed based upon the "calculated value" of the plane that you're leasing. That value tends to decline based upon age (but is increased by inflation) - so a brand new plane might have a "value" of 100m, whereas a 20 year old one with the same specs might be at 50m.

When you do the initial lease from the used market, the lease is calculated based upon the price put in by the seller, but you should also be able to see the "calculated" value, so you'll know at that time whether you want to lock into a long lease or just do a short term one (as this pricing adjustment is very handy if you lease a rarer plane for more than its worth, the lease rate drops at the renewal instead of increasing)....

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 05:13:18 PM »

The new lease price is calculated based on the current price. Just for a shorter duration.

Either uncheck auto lease renewal (doing that manually isnt too much of a hassle if you log in once a day for a minute or so) or live with how it is. There is absolutely nothing worth redoing in this system.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.