Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Help a Noob  (Read 2326 times)

Caesius

• Former member
Re: Help a Noob
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 05:10:50 PM »
I wouldnt worry about the A/C condition too much. The condition of some aircraft may go as low 85% the day before the B-check (assuming you started the month at 100%). I never spend money on extra maintenance, as the condition of an aircraft will increase over time after a couple of A- & B-checks.

Just do not lease aircraft with a <75% condition and you'll be fine.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 05:52:32 PM »
OK. Iīm far away from noob bashing, I like this game very much and know itīs essential to welcome new players. I just had a problem with attitude... it sounded like "know it all, seen it all...now help me with some last problems and I will run your little game".
This game is by far better than the other games about this topic and therefore quite difficult to handle. Thatīs why I sometimes feel like defending it. Many players play it for years and still donīt get the total hang of it, that is what makes it so unique. It is not run by a company but by dedicated semi-proīs, another reason for respect.
Sorry for acting rude.
Happy landings

Offline Airbus101

• Members
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 07:10:59 PM »
Well, my CEO pushed the wrong button today as my 7 and 8 year olds were arguing over whom get to play with what I was bartering their situation and
pressed lease on a 727-Advanced that I was just reading for lease price reference. (getting use to what things cost) suddenly a non configured 727 was being shipped in 2 weeks.

either way my company was definitely not ready for expansion, this could be a killing blow to what was otherwise a slower death.
well, at least it was a good plane :) no checks required, short lease and good condition.

for the sake of the game I'm going to name it "Kids Folly"  then try to make it work...

till then I'll keep the thread alive as theres not much new to read here.

Airbus101

Offline Pilot Oatmeal

• Members
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 07:26:06 PM »
Hey Airbus,

bit of friendly advice from PilotOatmeal... BK, start up, and lease the BAC 1-11s.  That a/c will get you in the amount of range you want, demand you've got, and be able to add frequency on competitors (in this game frequency is key to gaining market share on routes).  For your smaller routes, get the F27, you can't beat it.

DHC-4s are just no good, and your 727 fleet (like you said earlier) is going to run out of places to fly to.

But even better advice would be to go to KFLL... still room for a based airline there.  As the only main competitor is flying russian planes... enough said really.

:) have fun,
blast me a PM if you need some more assistance but don't want to put it on the forums  ;D

PilotOatmeal

Offline Airbus101

• Members
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 11:19:44 PM »
the BAC 1-11 and the F27 both caught my eye, I was considering them when the inevitable failure comes.
Ive not seen any BAC on the used ads.

I'm still testing some stuff as my airline hovers on the edge of go/no go...
its better to learn it now then to BK, and then learn something else that makes me BK again.

I'm in no rush I have no desire to he the biggest baddest airline.

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2012, 02:42:32 AM »
the BAC 1-11 and the F27 both caught my eye, I was considering them when the inevitable failure comes.
Ive not seen any BAC on the used ads.

I'm still testing some stuff as my airline hovers on the edge of go/no go...
its better to learn it now then to BK, and then learn something else that makes me BK again.

I'm in no rush I have no desire to he the biggest baddest airline.

Remember that monthly lease payments kick in 5 months into your lease, so if you are only breaking even now, you will BK when lease payments start.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2012, 03:06:31 AM »
Remember that monthly lease payments kick in 5 months into your lease, so if you are only breaking even now, you will BK when lease payments start.

Never forget to factor in fixed costs as well.

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2012, 03:21:02 AM »
Never forget to factor in fixed costs as well.

And eventually C checks...on the older planes those things are a b*tch.
I should never have leased used old VC10s in this game, even though they were cheap and the fuel consumption was OK-ish...
They are making decent day-to-day profits, even after fixed costs, but...the C checks cost a million each!!
I can't wait until the contracts expire in a year.

Offline Airbus101

• Members
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 01:05:24 AM »
For those bored that want something to read...

My Lease payments are starting to kicking  in, I've tweaked, poked and prodded.... and saw my first green result on an end week income statement its been a struggle. I know its a pitiful amount only 24,000  but none the less its a start and route awareness is only at 63-14, mostly on the lower end so there may still be a chance.... maybe...  however I'll never take over the world, but having fun.

Airbus101

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 02:28:36 AM »
It takes a long time to get started.

Offline Airbus101

• Members
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 12:09:35 AM »
Well, I think someone else poked and prodded because now I'm loosing money again.  I enacted a fare reduction on my lower LF routes but I think all I did was loose more money waiting to let it settle before changing again

It takes a long time to get started.

Offline Airbus101

• Members
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2012, 03:38:48 AM »
Company pre-tax profit      -8412.7% Down

Heck ya!  look out World!

Caesius

• Former member
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2012, 06:29:34 PM »
Company pre-tax profit      -8412.7% Down

Heck ya!  look out World!
If you want some help (with a new company perhaps) send me a private message. I'm certainly not the best or most experienced player around, but I usually do survive.

Offline Airbus101

• Members
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2012, 06:36:01 PM »
As Ive been unable to find a starting location in Millennium #4, i decided to test some stuff...

I tried an experiment I reopened in Atlanta I wanted to see how hard it was to break into a developed market as a new airline.
I ordered like 9 planes 50 seater establishing the routes was a killer on the income.

I don't expect to survive just want to see where a real life week would take me...

( however if anyone sees an opening in the world for a noob base please send me a private PM.)
I'm doing pretty good in Jet age #6, so I don't goto bed crying every night.

Offline AndiD

• Members
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2012, 06:57:41 PM »
Maybe try watching the BKs and see whether they open up new possibilities...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.