ok, I've played a few airline sim games before I know SLOW and Patient, and understanding a few game mechanics are key.
my problem I jumped in little too fast, into a crowded hub. and ordered the wrong planes, too many and different types from the start, then read the fourms... opps...
my average load factor is 50% I think thats good for day 1, and my A/C utilization is like 16hrs also great, but mixed the fleet and cant cancel the orders.
I made mistake thought that small planes would have a skewed bonus towards new starting players with a bonus for income that would wear off over time. I WAS WRONG...
OK, so I may be planning a restart in Millennium #4 and I have questions
1. I originally picked KATL I like it central located with lots of destination choices, but current available seats are 3,700 with only 1800 PAX available sounds like a bad starter location
if I restart what would be a good city with almost NO competition in USA and good loads for this game? OR KATL doable even with that seat availability?
2. I now understand under 20 seat A/C are for pros only, Ive seen say under 40 is tuff, Currently Boeings are sold out and expensive What A/C should I look for in this game I tried F28, and a TU-134A, A/C suggestions?
3. Leases and sales: How do I tell if a lease price is good? what are the % limits low and high of the sale price? As I'm new I don't know all the planes are a ripoff or good...
example I got 2 leases a F28 3000 fellowship for 140,000 and a TU 134-A for 65,600 both picked as a blind stab in the dark as I don't know the going rates. both are 90ish% and young
4. what kind of daily revenues should I hope for in the first few real life days of playing?
currently my F28 makes 49,700 profit a week, and the TU 134-A makes only 23,200 profit
5. I'm not convinced my airline won't grow, but my lack of a common fleet and poor choices as Leased 4 new 20 seater and 2 TU-134-A, and 2 TU-134-B's
worries me that it might be a futile attempt? suggestions keep going or too late?
6. It wont let me cancel any of my lease orders it gives me a Error message? not sure what that's about...
7. any senior players up for a mentor, I'm an older player late 30's, I work in the airline business in real life so I know the terms and not a moron, just new to this game and
have to find that sweet spot.