Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Routes  (Read 685 times)

Daffers

• Former member
Routes
« on: May 24, 2012, 09:15:48 AM »
Is it because of my base airport or is it really hard to find routes ?
I can only fly planes with 50pax maximum and even then i can barely get a 50%LF.
Got 11 planes now but i can't find anymore profitable routes, will it be wise to buy 4 really small planes so i can open a second base airport or will i have the same problem there, i was checking for other base airports but the sky is crowded!
Flying Rotterdam as a base right now, another question can your second base airport be anywhere in the world or does it need to be close to your base airport ?

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: Routes
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 10:00:39 AM »
Rules of opening new bases are clearly staked.Except of EU in the late 90īs you can only open new bases in the same coutry of your home base.  Opening new bases are accompanied with huge costs and are not possible without a certain minimum amount of aircraft based at your home.
In your case i would consider to close and reopen somewhere where you can find an airport with still enough routes and slots.You will have to do a detailed check of every airport before you open a company.
Greetings
Christian

Daffers

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 04:15:25 PM »
not gonna start over again, my company is over 2 years old, 11 planes and i am making profit, although there is not much room to expand..
well i will stay a small airline than,,... i checked for over 2 hours but i find it hard to find any airport with free routes... i know i started late so that must be it,.. i was just wondering if other people are feeling the same way (it being hard to find decent routes)

Offline AndiD

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 04:31:50 PM »
Your options for expansion are the other NL airports (before 1998 or so, then you have freedom inside the EU). 12 planes have to be run from your main base, the other three can be acquired with the perspective to be run from your second base. EHAM is probably way to expensive to just open the new base, let alone slot costs etc. over time...

The great thing about this world (probably) is that over time you're gonna get several more viable routes over the years - what's at 10 pax now, will look totally different in 1975 or 1980. Until then, i'd go for profitability optimization cause this is somewhat independent of size - my 3 aircraft airline in the current DotM scenario is in the top 40 of profitability, for example...

Daffers

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 02:25:49 PM »
yeah i am already taking all the free routes with low pax demand in case pax demand will grow.. so overtime i can let larger aircraft fly there..
EHAM was an option but there is too much competition, will be Eindhoven i quess.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.