Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: EMB-110?!  (Read 2520 times)

DenisG

• Former member
Re: EMB-110?!
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 07:58:12 AM »
As far as I can tell from the outside, your LFs again appear to have a problem and your departure punctuality is wrong somehow. Do not put any marketing campaigns into action, it is not worth the money at this stage. Also, cancel the routes where you fly against competition for now - either you fly all in or not at all, but not with 2 frequencies against a B727.

Cheers,
Denis

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 02:52:16 PM »
Still these two figures a few game days later: Your LFs are way too low and punctuality is really bad. What's going on?
Cheers,
Denis

Offline Airbus101

• Members
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2012, 06:50:57 PM »
Routing for you both I really want to make a regional in a game some time down road.   DenisG I may need to pick your brain at some point in a long email, but I'll wait till your a regional pro, or I'm a better at not doing so much dumb stuff

Offline Emaw Jones

• Members
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2012, 08:28:57 PM »
Okay, I give up.

After yet another restart, and my last one without having to pay the full faire - I cant seem to get this simulation.  I moved to 20 seat 250 mile radius aircraft - and it seemed like it had potential.

LF's were at 60%, Punctuality was at 87%, no competition on any route.  Owned 50% of the 4 a/c - never had one profitable week.  Got close, but never happened.  Than for reasons I dont understand fully, the bottom fell out.  And that was with fuel prices coming down, so that pressure was coming off of my routes. 

Even with a low level newspaper ad, my favorables never got over 15.  Pretty sure that had something to do with it.  Even pressed the Mentor button, just to get a review and to see what they could suggest.  That was two days ago, my airline must be so hopeless, they dont even want to look at it  ;D

Oh well.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2012, 09:56:09 PM »
No worries, you'll get trick soon. LFs were way too low especially on the routes I mentioned. Fuel should not make an impact on your performance at all, as it should be around 3% of revenues with small props only. The main thing that we could see from the outside on the stats was the LFs which were already critical for much bigger airlines. For some reason the frequency benefit did not kick in on that one route and that is interesting to find roots. Too bad that our mentors were not fast enough to get a hold of your inside picture.

Cheers,
Denis

Offline Emaw Jones

• Members
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 12:25:39 AM »
I'm going to let it run its own course - I want to see if the bottom finds itself again and I start moving right.

Part of whats going on is recovery from a price increase to cover costs, with only four a/c, I suspect the hit for a price increase is harsh.  Still waiting on a Mentor, I really would like to hear what I could have done different.

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2012, 01:05:07 AM »
I'm going to let it run its own course - I want to see if the bottom finds itself again and I start moving right.

Part of whats going on is recovery from a price increase to cover costs, with only four a/c, I suspect the hit for a price increase is harsh.  Still waiting on a Mentor, I really would like to hear what I could have done different.

I think it's dangerous to do a price hike early in the game as a startup (when your CI/RI is low).

Offline Emaw Jones

• Members
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 03:54:46 AM »
I only did the price hike within the last three weeks, but did it in two stages, 3% and than about 10 days later 2%.  But I do cede the point, still, the hemorage of revenue needed to be addressed.

Offline Emaw Jones

• Members
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2012, 07:55:55 PM »
The attempt is back on!!

Taking the many harsh lessons learned from the multipule attempts and seeing if I can make it work again. 

Look forward to the imput of veteran players, this simulation truely has challenges!

clee899

• Former member
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2012, 09:08:46 PM »
I'm rocking a fleet of 7 EMB 110's in Fiji. Only way I think its working in due to basically no slot/landing fees and close distance of the airports.

Offline TerryMcKenna

• Members
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2012, 01:12:15 AM »
EMB-110 are tough. Metros are a better option to start, they are faster and allow more rotations. As pax demand increases i would move into EMB 120s or SAABS.
I like to play with these smaller equipment, they provide more challenges but better simulate a real world senario.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 01:18:23 AM by TerryMcKenna »

Offline Emaw Jones

• Members
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2012, 02:12:52 AM »
The problem is aircraft availability, dependant on the used market and the 110C is readily available, my second fleet group is Fokker 28/3000, holding off of competative routes till I absolutely have too, think I like a captive market first.

I'm signing everything on 15 year leases, this might be a mistake, but it does lower my monthly lease payments, surviving the D checks will be a neat trick. 

Still trying to figure out the PAX model, I think its designed to be a perpetual source of mystery.

irro

• Former member
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2012, 04:05:55 AM »
PAX is odd.  If 4k people want to fly between Major airport A and Major airport B and Airway sim majors put 15000 seats on the route they will all still have load factors in the 70s

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2012, 06:03:14 AM »
The problem is aircraft availability, dependant on the used market and the 110C is readily available, my second fleet group is Fokker 28/3000, holding off of competative routes till I absolutely have too, think I like a captive market first.

I'm signing everything on 15 year leases, this might be a mistake, but it does lower my monthly lease payments, surviving the D checks will be a neat trick. 

Still trying to figure out the PAX model, I think its designed to be a perpetual source of mystery.

My mentors told me not to sign leases for more than 2-3 years initially, because you can buy the plane (relatively) cheaply after using it for 2-3 years, since the sale price gets recalculated. But you can't do that if you're in a 15 yr lease..

Offline Emaw Jones

• Members
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2012, 07:27:24 AM »
Pretty confident that I am not qualified to argue with the Mentors, god knows I wish I could get thier assistance when I push the button. 

In this case, I have no intention of buying the aircraft - I plan to outgrow them.  so I will want to actually payout the lease and get bigger aircraft as time moves on.  If the aircraft are still here in 15 years, they will be dirt cheap, and since they are small aircraft, outside of the D Checks, the money is not a big deal to ride the leases out.

Currently, running 8 EMB 110C's, and 4 Fokker 28/3000's, not sure I have the seats to cover overheads, but I do have some cash in the bank and going to see what happens next.

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2012, 07:30:41 AM »
Pretty confident that I am not qualified to argue with the Mentors, god knows I wish I could get thier assistance when I push the button.  

It took me a few days to get assigned mentors (one mentor per universe). You lose the assignment each time you reset your game, though, so maybe they aren't getting to you fast enough. It's not really an instant answer system, until you get assigned a mentor and establish a mentoring relationship.

In this case, I have no intention of buying the aircraft - I plan to outgrow them.  so I will want to actually payout the lease and get bigger aircraft as time moves on.  If the aircraft are still here in 15 years, they will be dirt cheap, and since they are small aircraft, outside of the D Checks, the money is not a big deal to ride the leases out.

Currently, running 8 EMB 110C's, and 4 Fokker 28/3000's, not sure I have the seats to cover overheads, but I do have some cash in the bank and going to see what happens next.

Good luck!!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 07:32:46 AM by EsquireFlyer »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.