Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Caution to new players, be careful about joining an alliance  (Read 1539 times)

Online Emaw Jones

• Members
Hello fellow airline CEO's,
I am going to reserve discussing specific names, because I want the alliance partners to have the ability to respond to the apparent actions of one of thier members.

Recently I submitted an application to join an alliance, and as is fair, the application required the association of members to have opportunity to review the applying airline, I was rejected from joining the alliance, and positive information was rendered on how to improve my airline.  So definately I felt that the application was properly treated, properly discussed, and properly administered.

However, it does seem more than coincidental, that within 24 hours of their review of my application, one of thier largest members begins poaching on my most profitable route.  I am not saying its possible that his own keen research might not have spotted the route as a business opportunity, but it does seem that by providing information requested as part of my application, I certainly assisted that members research inadvertantly.

If these actions are as they seem to have been, it is a dispicable act of self interest, and a stain on that alliances potential good name.

Again, I do hope the alliance will step forward and investigate, it certainly would be a responsible act for them to embark on.

Regards,
Emaw Jones

cturner9953

• Former member
Re: Caution to new players, be careful about joining an alliance
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 10:50:03 PM »
it was a total coincidence. routes are over supplied and this happend as you applied. nothing more so dont be too upset.

regards

Offline pascaly

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 02:02:13 AM »
I don't know the specifics, but with a finite amount of routes and a large enough alliance, it's bound to happen. The trick is to beat them on that route, giving you a small sense of self satisfaction  ;D

Online Emaw Jones

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 05:15:13 AM »
UPDATE

I am going to give credit to the alliance, I got an immeadiate response, they did a quick look see and assured me that it is coincidental.  We discussed it, I am a reasonable person, listened to what they presented too me and fully understand thier position.  They too were reasonable and explained to me how they reviewed the situation.  So as far as I am concerned, this situation can be laid to rest.

Have also heard from the airline involved, I dont think he understood how it appeared from my perspective, but thats okay.  I dont have the resources to effectively do much of anything so its move on time.  I have sat down and wrote a growth plan, if its realistic, his aquiring flights on that route will only have minor effect anyway.  Not sure I appreciate being told "your fair game" but its just an aggressive response that was unnecessary, again, no big deal.

I did take the Air Traffic Controlers Supervisor out to lunch to see what kind of delay's he can put on his flights in and out of the affected airports, and I sent the local TSA agents a few extra bucks, you know with a new airline on the route, extra security is probably a good ideal anyway.

So were now at the "move along, nothing here to see, move along......." stage of the conversation.  Thanks to those that have responded and read the conversation.  Just proves how interesting this game is.

Regards,
Emaw Jones

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 09:37:15 AM »
I did take the Air Traffic Controlers Supervisor out to lunch to see what kind of delay's he can put on his flights in and out of the affected airports, and I sent the local TSA agents a few extra bucks, you know with a new airline on the route, extra security is probably a good ideal anyway.

LOLOLOLOL

this is sooo awsome ;D it made my day!

I am happy you got along fine though, always bad if people can't work out such stuff...

cheers,

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 11:10:12 AM »
LOL!!!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.