Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Huge Drop in Demand at NRT vs. HND  (Read 1010 times)

Offline BryanIAH

• Members
Huge Drop in Demand at NRT vs. HND
« on: May 14, 2012, 10:58:45 PM »
NRT just opened and demand on my DXB-NRT route dropped to about 490 seats/day. Demand on the old DXB-HND route was 900/day but now it's 0.

Will this issue sort itself out in a few game weeks or do we need to adjust our international routes to NRT?

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
Re: Huge Drop in Demand at NRT vs. HND
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 11:53:37 PM »
I'm just a newbie but I read somewhere in the FAQ that you have to adjust your international routes to NRT, and that HND->NRT is the one exception to the way it normally works when an airport is replaced or moved, since HND remains open rather than shutting down.

Offline lunchbox

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 12:56:36 AM »
Since Narita is the international airport to Tokyo, Haneda drops down to domestic only, but usually demand would go up at the new airport???

Plus, your routes should have been automatically moved to NRT

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 01:10:47 AM »
The HND-NRT move tends to scramble a lot of eggs. The international demand change isn't a clean cutover, so if you're not located in Japan, you'll just need to match the new demand seen at NRT and watch it grow over time.  Also, keep in mind that the late 70's/early 80's recession is modeled in and will also nerf a few things.

Its entertaining in JA games to watch this airport change bankrupt huge airlines...

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 01:39:59 AM »
please remember opening of NRT is at the time that Japan was enjoying one of the longest economic boom in human history (and that's why Japan built NRT)......even with energy crisis it did not hit Japan a lot in real life. And the open of NRT actually make ANA grow a lot in international market, so why the demand will went down?  ;)

I think next DOTM's starting year should avoid 1976-1978 or just put it after 20/5/1978, I think this can help a lot as players can open a base at HND or just let the choose at the start. But what I really want sami to do is adjust demand at HND and NRT......people won't stop travelling just because airport moved to a place far from city center :P

Offline mtnlion

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 05:55:41 AM »
had a huge drop in demand as well, from 360 to 160. There's no sense. Now how I replace my long houl fleet?

landrover714

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 09:36:43 PM »
I remember the exact opposite happening to me in Jordan once, when I was automatically moved from Marka to Queen Alia (and I feel certain Marka stays open).  My short and long-haul demand skyrocketed.  Could Tokyo be an anomaly?  It will be interesting to see what happens when Kansai is built for Itami based international.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 09:41:08 PM by Fin Acquisitions »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.