Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Strange route pax demand  (Read 626 times)

knutm1980

• Former member
Strange route pax demand
« on: May 11, 2012, 01:40:56 AM »
I tried to plan a route from VHHK to RPVM. It looked likea decent route for my plane, it has 100 pax demand daily. I created it and then I get a monopoly warning. I close the route as I'm apparently flooding it. The return leg has a 10 pax daily demand. Not sure if I should post this in bugs, or are there other routes like this?  :'(

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
Re: Strange route pax demand
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 02:22:12 AM »
I tried to plan a route from VHHK to RPVM. It looked likea decent route for my plane, it has 100 pax demand daily. I created it and then I get a monopoly warning. I close the route as I'm apparently flooding it. The return leg has a 10 pax daily demand. Not sure if I should post this in bugs, or are there other routes like this?  :'(

This has been a problem since at least JA4 and I dealt with it in JA5 myself at HKG. I just scheduled a plane large enough to satisfy the outbound demand and ate the low LF on the return leg. I am not sure we ever got an explanation as to why this happened and just in this specific market, but it is known and, unfortunately, a pain in the arse!

Don
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

knutm1980

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 07:58:14 AM »
The problem was I got a monopoly warning for the inbound route though..so can plan it but will get fines for it.  :'(

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 11:21:53 AM »
The problem was I got a monopoly warning for the inbound route though..so can plan it but will get fines for it.  :'(

How many flights a day do you have? As long as you only have 1 in each direction there should not be an over supply warning unless something has changed. The last I heard is the anti monopoly warnings did not kick in unless 2 or more flights totaled 200% of daily demand (1 flight gives you no frequency advantage so no need for anti monopoly measures regardless of aircraft size).

If you only have 1 flight per day, verify that all 7 flights in each direction leave on a different day (ie, if you have a flight that operates 12345_7 and another that operates on just 6, make sure the return leg of the one on 6 doesn't leave on a different day than the return leg of the 12345_7 flight which would trigger the warning) and if you do have 1234567 in both directions submit a bug report with screen shots!

Don
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

knutm1980

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 06:30:43 PM »
How many flights a day do you have? As long as you only have 1 in each direction there should not be an over supply warning unless something has changed. The last I heard is the anti monopoly warnings did not kick in unless 2 or more flights totaled 200% of daily demand (1 flight gives you no frequency advantage so no need for anti monopoly measures regardless of aircraft size).

If you only have 1 flight per day, verify that all 7 flights in each direction leave on a different day (ie, if you have a flight that operates 12345_7 and another that operates on just 6, make sure the return leg of the one on 6 doesn't leave on a different day than the return leg of the 12345_7 flight which would trigger the warning) and if you do have 1234567 in both directions submit a bug report with screen shots!

Don

Thanks, yeah..it was 2 flights a day each way. Well, I'll keep it for the future..still plenty to fill up.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.