Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Bad Time to Join? ( . . . been away for a long time . . . )  (Read 1169 times)

Offline JJP

• Members
I saw that a lot of new developments have taken place since I last played (last Sprint?).  Anyway, I always remember the very beginning weeks of any scenario were cut-throat as everyone scrambled to absorb every last "good" plane to expand absolutely as quickly as possible. 

I see this scenario just started, but I'm afraid to start into that kind of mad house.  Have the "rules" changed enough that it would be ok to join this new scenario (and be able to get good planes and compete) or should I wait a while until things cool down?

Also, I assume Sami has not instituted any kind of "review the game world" before actually joining to see if you see any good place to start an airline?

Thanks for your help!

-JJP

minerva

• Former member
Re: Bad Time to Join? ( . . . been away for a long time . . . )
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 11:47:39 PM »
The scenario start remains a mad scramble, but several developments have improved the situation so that starting a few months late is not a huge disadvantage. Slots cannot so easily be hogged now as they start at a very low level (about 50% less than what you'd expect for the period) and increase rapidly over the next five game years. Sami is also monitoring the game closely to make sure no one is buying up slots they can't use right away (ie within 2 weeks). Slot costs are much higher now which reduces the problem of super-competitive players with lots of time being able to quickly dominate.  The used market refreshes regularly and the 'call the market feature' reduces the ability of those sitting on the market from getting all the good planes.  In short, there have been lots of improvements that while irritating to some, make the game much more playable in the early going.  The worst time to start is probably two to three games years in when the used market will be empty of anything worth having and the production lines for new planes will have multiple year backlogs.  So, it you are going to join, now is the time.

But, no, there is no way of seeing what's going on without joining. Best advice is to pick somewhere without any competition, start up and then when you can see the whole world decide if you want to move by using one of your Bks.

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 12:02:22 AM »
Thanks, Minerva.  :)

mar88

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 01:29:25 AM »
Compared to other worlds at the beginning it has been very easy so far to find good aircraft at reasonable prices and as long as the airport isn't already swamped with start ups it is a great time to join.

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »
Cool, thanks, Mar.

juanchopancho

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 11:10:30 PM »
Yep I agree. Seems like the tweeks have helped gameplay, so even if you're a few months late you should be able to start a successful airline.

Online Emaw Jones

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 06:39:25 AM »
Brand new to the game, still flying, if I can keep afloat, anyone can, jump in the water is fine  ;D

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 10:21:11 PM »
Brand new to the game, still flying, if I can keep afloat, anyone can, jump in the water is fine  ;D

Speak for yourself! I bankrupted twice before finally managing to get off the ground!  :-[ And I finally survived only because of excellent mentoring by alexgv1.

Online Emaw Jones

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 02:09:14 AM »
I dont need a mentor, but I do need a government fuel subsidy.  Holy smokes these fuel prices are going to kill me

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 02:39:01 AM »
I dont need a mentor, but I do need a government fuel subsidy.  Holy smokes these fuel prices are going to kill me

I hedged for 2 months @ $104, but my hedge just ran out!!!  :'(

Online Emaw Jones

• Members
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 04:13:19 AM »
I hedged at .99 - and just ran out, :o

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 08:44:18 AM »
my hedge is at 114 now :( but only ten procent LOL

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.