Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Berlin Brandenburg Airport  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
Berlin Brandenburg Airport
« on: May 05, 2012, 05:14:11 PM »
Might have been discussed elsewhere, but I don't see any news of the other Berlin airports closing (except Tempelhof way earlier) when Berlin Brandenburg opens.
Will TXL and SXF still operate in the game when BER opens, and if this is true, do the routes currently scheduled to these airports stay there or get moved (got no message regarding that either, so quite confused)?

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Berlin Brandenburg Airport
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 05:16:33 PM »
Tegel will close when new airport opens. In real life at least so should be same here.

But not sure if that is modelled in MT#6 database revision, or only at later games. If game date is past May/June 2012 and no message or news, then it is not there, as the opening would be only some months away.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 05:29:27 PM »
It's May now, opening date is 3. June so the closure notice should have been there some time ago. Alright so Berlin air traffic will double in a months time. Good to know lol.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 01:29:36 AM »
SXF Airport also closes at that date.BER is situated just south of it but its is a completely new airport, so that should be modelled in the game,too. All traffic should be moved to BER.

Greetings
Christian (Berlin)

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 04:59:00 PM »
It's May now, opening date is 3. June so the closure notice should have been there some time ago. Alright so Berlin air traffic will double in a months time. Good to know lol.

Yes, actually what I meant that BER was not modelled at all. But seems that it is there after all .. Oh well, enjoy it then.  ;D

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 08:05:49 PM »
Seems you will have to remodel it anyway, because today airport management cancelled the opening of BER at June,3rd.
They hope they will manage to open it in late August, but we will see about that.

Being a Berliner it makes me very mad. Mismanagement at its very best ! >:(

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.