Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: it's hard to join the game  (Read 3952 times)

Offline meiru

• Members
Re: it's hard to join the game
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 08:08:04 PM »
you know... I simply think, that something with the pax distribution is still... let's say "not as we would expect in real life" ... that's what makes it not easy to transfer the knowledge from real life into the game... so, the game is the game, real life is real life... it became bether... but I still don't like it very much

Offline lunchbox

• Members
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 12:11:40 AM »
you know... I simply think, that something with the pax distribution is still... let's say "not as we would expect in real life" ... that's what makes it not easy to transfer the knowledge from real life into the game... so, the game is the game, real life is real life... it became bether... but I still don't like it very much

Yes the PAX distribution is still being tweaked, and so is cargo, the game does get better week to week.  My advice is just to join and have fun, it is by the way, still a game ;).

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 10:59:35 PM »
I'm trying ATR-72s now, and I can see the same thing as always in this game... you win, if you use small planes very frequently... there's an optimal capacity per distance. So, 12 pax on > 300 nm wouldn't work, but > 60 pax on routes shorter than 300nm are also impossible to fly and make money... and even tech-stops are bether than larger planes... so... ok, I'm playing the game now and even flying routes like LAX-JFK with ATR... but... if that's the only way for making money... not my problem.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2012, 07:14:09 AM »
You can of course, again, blame the game if you cannot get it going. But if you are really flying lax-jfk with an ATR, then all I can say that "dude, you are doing it completely wrong"...  ;D

Stick to routes for what the plane is made (short hops, and full schedules).

If you need assistance, or just comments from an experienced player, I would recommend checking the new game mentor feature (dashboard -> mentoring).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 07:18:16 AM by sami »

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2012, 12:10:59 PM »
well, ok... ATRs are too small for this route, that's right... but I think, even the M90, 737 or A320 are too large for that... maybe it's right... but you should never try a 762 or something like that on those routes... (I'll try that, but that's what I expect to see)

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2012, 03:07:01 PM »
A321 and 737-900 are perfect for that route. Don't expect to see full flights so early.
A 767-200 is not a good choice because it's expensive, not very fuel efficient, small and also has long turnaround times.
If you want to run a successful airline right now there is more than just one possibility, you can achieve it with Props as well as with A320/737 jets as long as you stick to some basic rules like running only one fleet type, schedule densely, fly only routes that are a perfect fit for the aircraft.
Even a A321 can be set better and more profitable than a transcontinental-US-run.

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2012, 05:35:13 PM »
One last question... what's the best aircraft (in your opinion) for LAX-SFO and for LAX-JFK ? ... I think, it's the ATR72 for SFO and something like Embraer195 or maybe the A320 for JFK... now, that wasn't the question, but here: why do we see in real life flights of 737 and A320s on the LAX-SFO route and planes like 777 on LAX-JFK? are those airlines all stupid? ... I'd say no... there's some factors in the game that make it very unrealistic... that's all I want to say... if this should be changed is an other question... it doesn't have to be realistic... but fact is, that the behaviour is "strange" ...  8)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 05:54:56 PM »
like 777 on LAX-JFK?

Which airline? All I see A320, 757 and 767-200 on that route for the date I checked.. So please remember to keep the arguments realistic too..

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2012, 06:05:16 PM »
763 is "like" 777 and UA flyes from LAX to IAD with 777 ... and also 752, 753 is larger than an E190 ... you know, it's not much that the game is away from reality (and as I sayed already, it got much bether) ... but it's still this slight strange little difference ... or then the airlines in real life didn't find out, that E190 is bether on those routes than 752/762 ... after all, that's the strategy that Boeing always tells us will be the future... small planes on direct routes and no 380's anymore... maybe your game is just ahead of time  ;D

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2012, 06:08:11 PM »
but it's right... those wide bodys aren't used very often anymore... today everyone flyes with 737/320 even on what our parents called a long-haul flight... airlines seem to buy only those planes today... someone could ask, why Boeing/Airbus are developing 777/787/350/380 ... nobody would buy them

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 06:09:16 PM »
And I would like to continue that even in the game nobody uses E190 (or similar) in that route either..

I see A320/321, Md-90, 737-900 and 777 being used in MT#6. So I guess this whole discussion is pretty "moot point" so far, and hence this is my final contribution to this thread.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 09:01:24 PM »
In DOTM3 I fly all wide bodies (A300) transcontinental. I guess it's not a good thing when they do this with 40% LF even when they offer the passengers more comfort, because they are frequency f***ed by narrow body plane which are also suitable for this route just less profitable and efficient.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2012, 07:55:03 AM »
E190s will never fly the route profitably in a high fuel price environment. They just take too few passengers. The best plane for the transcontinental hops in my opinion is the A321 and close to it the 737-900.
The 777 I only use on that route to fill it's schedule, it is flying with very poor load factors and is making very little profit, I only keep it flying because it is making a bit of green for me and I can't take the capacity with better planes as I need to use all my current orders to exchange older aircraft.
Using widebodies on the transcontinental routes is not feasible, neither in the game nor in real life. American Airlines has ordered A321 as replacement for their transcontinental 767-200 because the latter have them bleed cash. So much for reality, meiru.
And please don't hang yourself up on the transcons. They are not the best routes anyway. They are long sectors for the aircraft that fly it and long sectors are generally not the best thing to do in this game.

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2012, 08:35:05 AM »
well, ok... ATRs are too small for this route, that's right... but I think, even the M90, 737 or A320 are too large for that... maybe it's right... but you should never try a 762 or something like that on those routes... (I'll try that, but that's what I expect to see)
What a bulls***. I operated A380's between Glasgow and Heathrow... Their ground time was twice their "in the air" time... but boy.... they did great and made hell of a profit.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2012, 09:57:58 AM »
What a bulls***. I operated A380's between Glasgow and Heathrow... Their ground time was twice their "in the air" time... but boy.... they did great and made hell of a profit.

Was that before "slot mania"?

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2012, 10:58:34 AM »
Was that before "slot mania"?
What kind of a stupid question is that....

a) When your able to lease an A380 the game is already a few months down the line
b) Slot mania at Heathrow starts from day 1 when a game is opened.

Offline Dutch

• Members
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2012, 11:21:42 AM »
What kind of a stupid question is that....

a) When your able to lease an A380 the game is already a few months down the line
b) Slot mania at Heathrow starts from day 1 when a game is opened.

What a socially irresponsible answer that is!
your points are valid but why don't you just tell Alex in a nice way?

The forum is a place where you can discuss matter and learn, not a place to get yelled at  ;)

Cheers,

Dutch

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2012, 12:20:04 PM »
Thanks Dutch. I agree with what you say.

Maarten I think you missed my point. By "slot mania" I was referring to when the slot count doubled from the normal values sometime after v1.2 thus making frequency worse for such large aircraft even at places like LHR.

But I understand as I don't think you've played a game recently so wouldn't be aware of what I was referring to.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2012, 07:10:21 PM »
I'm trying ATR-72s now, and I can see the same thing as always in this game... you win, if you use small planes very frequently... there's an optimal capacity per distance. So, 12 pax on > 300 nm wouldn't work, but > 60 pax on routes shorter than 300nm are also impossible to fly and make money... and even tech-stops are bether than larger planes... so... ok, I'm playing the game now and even flying routes like LAX-JFK with ATR... but... if that's the only way for making money... not my problem.

Ok, I see your ATRs now on LAX-SFO route.  27x per day ATRs on a route that was already > 100% supplied.  It may not bankrupt you, buy I doubt you will make enough profit to enable you to grow.

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2012, 08:24:44 PM »
They're not bad... leasing is low, personel not that much... fuel almost nothing and the pax love the frequency. I think it's stupid, but as I sayed, I'm now optimizing towards how the game works  ;)
I first tryed to do it with M90 -> that was completely impossible!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 08:30:23 PM by meiru »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.