Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Slots not being used  (Read 1467 times)

Offline easy03

• Members
Slots not being used
« on: May 05, 2012, 10:06:49 AM »
Hi

Just wondered if someone could point me to the link regarding having slots at airports but not using them? Ive seen it somewhere but cant find it.

Cheers

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Slots not being used
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 10:17:44 AM »
Manual, game rules.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 10:35:51 AM »
For information, I have checked ALL airlines against unused slots, and found some potential minor violations (not yet actual violations but will become such very soon).

A handful of airline owners have been warned and ordered to put their slots into active schedules during today (saturday), or otherwise face a penalty or closure from the game.

Since this is the world start and slots are low for now, I am taking an VERY active stance on this in this game world, and will make sure harsh penalties are applied if rules are not followed. So, to everyone, do NOT try to pick up more slots than you need, and make sure your new routes are scheduled immediately.

Offline easy03

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 10:49:11 AM »
Thanks for the prompt response

I was just wondering as I've noticed some airlines with unused slots including my base of EHAM.

Cheers

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 10:51:35 AM »
Quite many airlines do have readily-made routes for the next 2 planes they are getting to buy when time starts, which is normal. But more than that isn't normal and they have been warned.

Offline easy03

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 10:57:35 AM »
So it's ok for me to get a few cheeky slots for my next route or are you saying you shouldn't really do it?

Just want clarification

Cheers

alin2s1

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 12:11:32 PM »
Like only 11/14 slots scheduled at LFPG, 09 to 10.

Later edit: Sorry, only after the post I saw it is okay to buy for the two next planes.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 12:17:17 PM by alin2s1 »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 02:16:20 PM »
So it's ok for me to get a few cheeky slots for my next route or are you saying you shouldn't really do it?

Yes, well in other words: If you purchase used plane now, you can build up and schedule the routes right away since it's available for prescheduling. But if, let's imagine, you'd be getting new planes delivered in 2 months and you make the routes right now, then it's not OK and you're holding up the slots too long without any use.

ie. "have a plane for every route and every slot".

Offline easy03

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 02:37:09 PM »
roger....thanks Sami.

Offline michael

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 02:56:23 PM »
Thank you Sami! Good to see a proactive response. :)

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 04:22:02 PM »
I was about to make a fool of myself by having a rant that at CDG there ar 153 daily slots out of 336 taken already.  With five airlines with five aircraft each, that equates to an average of more than six routes per aircraft.  Of course, I then realised that there are loads external airlines flying too!  :-[

EDIT: In fact, having just counted in the "list destinations" page there are indeed 153 daily flights scheduled to real aircraft so - nobody cheating here.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:25:53 PM by knobbygb »

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 04:44:06 PM »
I was about to make a fool of myself by having a rant that at CDG there ar 153 daily slots out of 336 taken already.  With five airlines with five aircraft each, that equates to an average of more than six routes per aircraft.  Of course, I then realised that there are loads external airlines flying too!  :-[

EDIT: In fact, having just counted in the "list destinations" page there are indeed 153 daily flights scheduled to real aircraft so - nobody cheating here.

You wantto look at Heathrow's situation just now, there are none! Thankfully slots will be building up at each airport as time goes on!

Offline Vanquo

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 06:00:59 PM »
Question: I recently rebranded/relocated, and the slots that I formerly used no longer appear when I go to route management, or any tab under the Route drop-down for that matter.

When I go to route image under marketing however, all of my former routes still appear...does that mean that I am still using up slots?

** My airlines also doesn't show up as having a 'piece of the pie' when I look at my former airport's slot allocation. So am I good?

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 01:22:13 AM »
All former routes stay in the route image overview until they dropped to 0 and even after that up to a year.
That has nothing to do with owned slots or market share.

Tonyo7488

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 10:25:37 AM »
I received notice to make sure I use my slots in the next week..  Is that real world week?  I have planes on order due in 4 real days.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 01:03:10 PM »
Game time. And I guess the message talked about a month? Or if they are NEW slots, then you really do must use them within month from the date you got them, otherwise you will need to get them again, and in such case you may get the only warning only week/two before they expire. (this was changed recently).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.