my wife

Started by mp81, May 04, 2012, 03:43:38 AM

mp81

it was one thing explaining to her the whole fantasy baseball/football thing. running a fake airline is beyond comprehension.

JumboShrimp

Quote from: federalrifoc on May 04, 2012, 03:43:38 AM
it was one thing explaining to her the whole fantasy baseball/football thing. running a fake airline is beyond comprehension.

My wife can understand the concept of running a virtual airline (still does not understand why anybody would do it).  Fantasy sports, that's one that i doubt she would get...

Dave4468

Girlfriend understands. Friends mock!  :laugh:

knutm1980

The girlfriend mocks too..then she tells everyone. I just tell them how cool I am.  8)

But I enjoy a good business simulator, she plays terrorist takedown 3..who's even heard of that?  :'(

Sami

Playing such is one thing but try to explain why you (=I) need to code and plan "this and that feature" to it..  ???

digifreak

Well... girlfriend knows that I have a huge passion for airplanes... but don't understand how can I have fun setting up flights and looking at pie charts lolol...

Kontio

Zombie Slayer

Quote from: Kontio on May 04, 2012, 06:21:34 PM
I have a wife.

When was the last time you talked to her  :laugh:
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

mp81

she then took offense to me for not serving detroit, where she is from.

Jona L.

Quote from: federalrifoc on May 04, 2012, 08:33:44 PM

Any way you do it, it is wrong ::)

knutm1980

Quote from: federalrifoc on May 04, 2012, 08:33:44 PM

Woman logic, you can't fault it.

Cardinal

"Women. Can't live with them. Pass the beer nuts."

Kadachiman

My wife could not understand why i spent so much time planning routes, increasing Load factors, etc....said I had to chose between HER or AWS...I'm still here...she isn't...lol

Jona L.

Quote from: Kadachiman on May 16, 2012, 12:34:33 PM
My wife could not understand why i spent so much time planning routes, increasing Load factors, etc....said I had to chose between HER or AWS...I'm still here...she isn't...lol

Ouch, that is a tough one!! You seriously went apart/got divorced for this game only? Didn't even dare think this game could be such a destroyer of lives!!

Zombie Slayer

Quote from: Jona L. on May 16, 2012, 12:43:20 PM
Ouch, that is a tough one!! You seriously went apart/got divorced for this game only? Didn't even dare think this game could be such a destroyer of lives!!

Yeah, not sure I would go to that extreme (not I said "not sure," not "I wouldn't.") My wife thinks I am an idiot for spending so much time on AWS, but when I tell her "but Honey, my airline is the largest in the world!" she rolls her eyes and says "well, a least you are a success somewhere...."  :laugh: :-[
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

knutm1980

Quote from: jetwestinc on May 16, 2012, 01:59:59 PM
Yeah, not sure I would go to that extreme (not I said "not sure," not "I wouldn't.") My wife thinks I am an idiot for spending so much time on AWS, but when I tell her "but Honey, my airline is the largest in the world!" she rolls her eyes and says "well, a least you are a success somewhere...."  :laugh: :-[

But she doesn't ask you if you can pause? I used to do alot of online gaming in the past..but when you get called on every 5 minutes..it's kind of difficult.

'No, I can't pause, I will just die and have wasted the past half hour winning'

Zombie Slayer

Quote from: knutm1980 on May 16, 2012, 02:49:58 PM
But she doesn't ask you if you can pause? I used to do alot of online gaming in the past..but when you get called on every 5 minutes..it's kind of difficult.

'No, I can't pause, I will just die and have wasted the past half hour winning'

The best is when you call the market every 15 minutes waiting for more planes, she calls you to help with something, and when you come back you find out you missed the refresh and all the <insert desired plane here> the refresh had to offer and now you only have 1 call left and it is Wednesday....  :laugh:

Troxartas86

I own a fictional American football team in addition to my airlines. She seems to understand as she plays some facebook games I consider to be utterly pointless myself but not when it gets to the point that I complain about the thousands of dollars I have lost from brand new planes just sitting on the tarmac for months while we're stuck in that damned real world.