Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Slots  (Read 885 times)

Offline Dan

• Members
Slots
« on: May 02, 2012, 08:22:08 PM »
Fairly new to this but a question on slots.

I want to upgrade a route to a slightly larger aircraft.  I ensure that the arr & dep times are exactly the same at the destination airport for the new aircraft but when I do this, I receive the notification that no slots are available at the destination airport even although I already have those slots.  Is there a way around this without having to cancel the original route and pay new slot fees?

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: Slots
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 08:30:06 PM »
If I understand correctly, you try to open up a new route with a new aircraft, but same slot times.
If so, the answer is correct because your old aircraft is still using the slots. Try to alter the old flight (same flight number ) to new aircraft or cancel the old route and make sure to erase the mark at the bottom of the page (leaving slots to public). Doing so, the slots stay yours until automatically removed by system after several warnings to use them.

Offline Dan

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 09:34:14 PM »
Thanks very much for the info.

Yes, I tried editing the route using same flight number, arr & dep times at destination but no success.  Always receive the message that no slots available at dep time

I tried cancelling the route and unchecking the slot box to retain them but had no success in re instating the route.  Same message - no dep slot available. 

Also, when I check the slots available at the destination, there is no indication ( I believe it is normally by means of an asterisk) that I have retained them nor do they appear in the public pool.

highlander1715

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 10:10:31 PM »
Just had the same problem and after discussing with fellow alliance members tried a close (keep slots) re-open at the same time but the return leg slots at LHR have disappeared - I want them back

Flight was EGPF EGLL 7.50 from Glasgow by Viscount back from LHR at 10.40 wanted to replace with Vanguard so went to route editor - return leg slots showed red even using exact same time even though I own 7 slots there at that time.

After discussion in Alliance forum tried closing route keeping slots when went to re-open - lo and behold where did my slots go?

TO DAN DO NOT CLOSE YOUR ROUTE THE SLOTS IF IT IS HEATHROW WILL BE GONE!!!!!!!!!!!

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 11:52:23 PM »
You definitely should post it in the bug forum then...

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 11:53:42 PM »
Sorry, I see you did !

highlander1715

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 06:45:05 AM »
Just to clean up this thread the query in "Bugs" produced a response from Sami and it is an old issue which had been fixed but apparently still affected some older flights - this was one of the first routes I created in this scenario and that is apparently why it was affected by the loss of its slots.  Sami is rectifying it and rebuilding the lost route - many thanks.

Offline Dan

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 09:18:18 AM »
Cheers guys - thanks very much for all your help.

Offline [ATA] Jax

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 09:32:48 PM »
I have also had this problem at KMSP

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.