Airport closing and new airport opening nearby
- When an airport closes and a new "replacement" airport opens near to the old one all bases, airlines, aircraft, routes etc. relative to the old airport are automatically moved to the new airport. The closure and opening dates have been modelled so that when the old airport closes, the new opens on the next day.
- All airlines who are affected will get several notifications of this before it happens.
- Please note that the passenger demand levels and other details at the new airport may be different, and you will need to check your routes. Usually though the demand levels at new airport are higher than at the old one since the new airport is always larger.
New airport opening, and old airport remains open nearby
- There only a couple of such cases in the history where a new major international airport opens to a city and the old international airport remains still open but is "degraded" into seconday or domestic airport. For example in Tokyo (Haneda / Narita).
- In these cases the demands to and from the city's airports will usually change, and players flying to these airports must always check their routes and re-schedule if needed.
- The system moves automatically all airlines and routes to the new airport, since in most cases the larger portion of the passenger demand is available at the new airport. However if the player wishes to keep his base at the old airport he should notify the administration as soon as possible he receives the first notification of the change to his in-game message box.