Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How is it possible?  (Read 789 times)

Offline andyair

• Members
How is it possible?
« on: April 16, 2012, 03:14:44 AM »
I had flight canceled due to "Technical problem with aircraft"
how possible is it when my 757-300 only 0.25 yr old and only had 508 hours flight time and only landed 132 times.

Offline pascaly

• Members
Re: How is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 04:29:06 AM »
Just because it's new doesn't mean there isn't a chance of problems. Do an internet search on "QF32" and see how old that plane was and what happened.

Also, check out something known as a bath-tub curve and how it applies to highly complex, 800km/h aluminium tubes. 

Or, alternatively, sh*t-happens  ;D

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 05:11:01 AM »
Good one pascaly! Mainly sh*t happens! :laugh:

citywalker

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 10:13:54 AM »
Recently in real life, a certain type of regional jet from a certain Canadian manufacturer on a delivery flight to a certain European natinal carrier got stuck in Iceland during the fuelstop when the refueling system malfunctioned. A week later the same aircraft spent several nights at an outstation waiting for a fix for another problem. Even brand-new aircraft sometimes fail.

So I have to agree with the abovementioned thoroughly analytical comments: sh*t happens.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 01:22:18 PM »
From a pure game play perspective, the game engine is built on a system of probabilities that are impacted by variables. In the case of technical problem with an aircraft, if all variables are perfect (i.e. brand new plane, 100% condition, etc), there will still be a chance (albiet, a lesser chance) for you to end up with a tech delay/cancellation depending on the computerized equivilant of rolling the dice. I.e. you roll snake eyes in that scenario, you're delayed. If you hve a crap plane, perhaps only boxcars will keep you from getting delayed.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.