Sim City 5

Started by [ATA] Hassel, April 11, 2012, 04:49:33 AM

swiftus27

And one city can support another.  I have a residential only suburb supporting my city

Dasha

Hmm alright well I will see tomorrow..
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Infinity

Quote from: JumboShrimp on March 03, 2013, 12:21:30 AM
How about buying a digital copy online, pay with credit card, paying US dollar price?

Is there any way to do that from outside the US? When I klick 'Buy now" on the US-SimCity page, it displays the prices in € automatically D:

Aoitsuki

played with swiftus a little bit, few things I notice

you cannot build a do it all city.... city is way too small. You also need to be efficient on space. Proper zone planning is crucial.
You can pretty much build a city in 3 hours, if you don't really care to make it pretty or high density. However if you want to build a wonder(SC5 call it great work) you pretty much need to have 2-3 city link together knowing everyone's supplying as each map have limited resource.
Another huge help is build a utility city, utility building are expensive and cost an arm and a leg to maintain, but you can 'lend service' to your partner to offset the expense. In fact almost all resource in game can be shared.
Since it is a free server, chat can be delay for up to a minute, and often times I can see swiftus going online and offline.

We are currently in USA west server due to East being completely hammered with a login queue of up to 30 minutes.

swiftus27

instead of multiple power plants, you just add modules to your existing ones...   Hospitals are actually massive purchases while Clinics are relatively cheap.

The game is currently unloadable to me... sux,

swiftus27

this game is currently being slammed over the server issues....  way to go, EA. 

JumboShrimp

Quote from: swiftus27 on March 06, 2013, 10:28:38 PM
this game is currently being slammed over the server issues....  way to go, EA. 

Last night, it tried to connect me to European Servers...

The US East servers were hopeless - I think it said "full".  US West servers showed as "busy", but I managed to connect to US West 1 on the 2nd attempt...

JumboShrimp

Quote from: swiftus27 on March 06, 2013, 10:22:26 PM
instead of multiple power plants, you just add modules to your existing ones...   Hospitals are actually massive purchases while Clinics are relatively cheap.

University takes a ton of space too...  I think 1 University per region, after other cities were developed might be all that's needed.  Community College is fairly space efficient...

swiftus27

holy crap this is a failure of epic proportions...  cities cant be loaded...   Its an absolute mess.  Way to go EA. 

Sami

I would be more surprised if their servers had worked...

Hopefully not so popular stuff next week anymore when Royal Mail gets my dvd here..  :P

Infinity

I just sent EA-Germany's CEO a nice mail. Will be interesting to see how he reacts. I really can't believe they keep making advertising posts on their Facebook when they should now use it to communicate closely with the customer. Every further ad there is a slap in the face of the customers.

Dasha

I had the game this morning... managed to play the tutorial.. took me twice because it disconnected halfway and been trying to get logged in since then :)

You'd think that EA is big enough to have some experience with this..
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

JumboShrimp

Quote from: saftfrucht on March 07, 2013, 03:09:59 PM
I just sent EA-Germany's CEO a nice mail. Will be interesting to see how he reacts. I really can't believe they keep making advertising posts on their Facebook when they should now use it to communicate closely with the customer. Every further ad there is a slap in the face of the customers.

Reminds me of Leonardo DeCaprio in Titanic, saying (as he is drowning):

"I don't know about you, but I intend to write a strongly worded letter to the White Star Line about all this."

swiftus27

The nerve of EA!!!

swiftus27

Yes... This.... I pulled the trigger.

Dasha

Haha those are emotional shares mate :P Never a good thing..

So if any of you needs/wants a mate to play in a region with.. my username is Zavaya   feel free to add me to friends..

initialgt

Quote from: Dasha on March 08, 2013, 08:57:02 AM
Haha those are emotional shares mate :P Never a good thing..

So if any of you needs/wants a mate to play in a region with.. my username is Zavaya   feel free to add me to friends..

I have a region on Europe West 2 (only one thats seems to work at the moment), Strange Land, feel free to join.  Username: alt2Ego

swiftus27

Someone explain to me why  Europe has 7 servers and 4 for NA

alexgv1

Quote from: swiftus27 on March 08, 2013, 11:45:00 AM
Someone explain to me why  Europe has 7 servers and 4 for NA

More players in Europe?

It's a disgrace that they can't get their act together. Now how can they justify a premium price for the game. Having enough servers is such a simple thing.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)