Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Spare Aircraft  (Read 645 times)

Offline swadeepc

• Members
Spare Aircraft
« on: April 10, 2012, 03:57:50 AM »
Hi guys. Got a question please. I am currently runnin a fleet of ATR, A319 and B737NG. Anyway I am buying up aircrafts as money become available. Now what I want to ask is it worth having spare aircraft just to replace the aircraft like A319 and 737 when they go into D Check which takes like 1-2 months. Otherwise the routes will not be flown quite long especially if I plan to add LH aircrafts later which D check will be a lot longer. Or how do you guys do it?

Thanks
Swadeep

Offline Tom14cat14

• Members
Re: Spare Aircraft
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 05:00:18 AM »
I took a look at your airline and the first thing i would say is to replace your 319's with 737NG. This will cut down on you commonality cost and if you are wanting to add another fleet you really do not want to have 4 fleet types with so few aircraft. On the D check question it depends on the age of my aircraft. If i have a d check coming up and the planes is owned or on a cheaper lease and the plane is around 10-12 years old or younger I will keep it. If it is older the 12 years old it depends on my leasing cost and what plane it is.
APB Airlines

juanchopancho

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 05:15:42 AM »
Hi Swadeep! Long live FTG!

Offline swadeepc

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 06:19:49 AM »
Hi Swadeep! Long live FTG!

Long live FTG indeed!! :)

I took a look at your airline and the first thing i would say is to replace your 319's with 737NG. This will cut down on you commonality cost and if you are wanting to add another fleet you really do not want to have 4 fleet types with so few aircraft. On the D check question it depends on the age of my aircraft. If i have a d check coming up and the planes is owned or on a cheaper lease and the plane is around 10-12 years old or younger I will keep it. If it is older the 12 years old it depends on my leasing cost and what plane it is.

Hi. Thanks for your input. I have just started leasing A319 for flights to Europe only with one stop. It's more fuel efficient than 737 and I was thinking I can save a lot here. I am also using only CFM engines for both 319 and airbus. I guess I will start looking into introducing 737 on LH to Europe with a stop then and not renew the A319.

Thanks
Swadeep

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.