Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Low Demand Long-Haul?  (Read 652 times)

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
Low Demand Long-Haul?
« on: April 04, 2012, 11:14:20 PM »
I've noticed a lot of airlines that seem to be flying huge airplanes thousands of miles on routes with 30pax/day demand or worse. I know in some cases they are just trying to lock up routes that will eventually become worthwhile but are they making any profit off this right now? Seems like a real waste of money if they don't pan out any time soon. I'm sticking with 30-60 seat planes on short/medium routes because I like to have a full pax load and I don't see any profitibality in the long-haul sector especially since I already have two fleets.

I know fuel is dirt cheap but it still seems nuts to fly 5,000 miles with a 20%LF.

Offline Erik

• Members
Re: Low Demand Long-Haul?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 10:08:39 AM »
Here are some tips which one should consider before one opens a long-haul route. It really depends on what aircraft (age and speed) you serving the route with, your image, and what time you'll be arriving at the destination. Passenger prefer; just like in real life, getting there faster, comfortably, and there at a reasonable time e.g. 7am-10pm.
Passenger tend to choose airlines with the best image for safety reasons and the demand on the flights. 
As you've just pin-pointed out, they are introducing these routes, and eventually they'll fill up more and more. At the current date in the game, it's where long-haul routes were introduced so I believe that it'll take some months before this becomes more usual to passengers.

Hope I made sense for you there.

Offline AndiD

• Members
Re: Low Demand Long-Haul?
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 04:40:20 PM »
My Comet 3s with 60 pax on overseas routes make about the same (healthy) monthly profit as my half full piston planes on a couple shorthaul routes a day.

Didn't check personnel and other costs, but since wages and fuel are dirt cheap I doubt they matter much.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.