Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Is everyone just keeping default fares or do you find you...  (Read 668 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
Is everyone just keeping default fares or do you find you...
« on: March 29, 2012, 03:29:33 AM »
have to adjust them a little here and little there? ???

Offline Erik

• Members
Re: Is everyone just keeping default fares or do you find you...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 10:13:32 AM »
You might want to keep an affordable price in the beginning so you'll grab the passengers attention.
Then it also depends on how much competition you've got on the serviced route, slot costs at the airport (these are still one time payments), since higher navigations fee's will be applied when you serve more dense airports (LHR, FRA, JFK, etc..)
Some keep it on default to be on the "safe" side, and some tend to adjust to the current situation.

Offline Jona L.

• Members
Re: Is everyone just keeping default fares or do you find you...
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 12:08:37 PM »
have to adjust them a little here and little there? ???

I re-set them to default every real life day, to get the inflational increase, and in later games when fuel is a b*tch to get the higher prices due to them being tied to fuel as well.
It is pointless to reduce the fares in the beginning, because LFs are always crap after starting up, or running on a new route, just keep the prices the default ones.
Rising the price is a difficult thing as well. There is a border, which I like to call "The line of emptiness", which occurs somewhere between 15 and 25% over default, up to competition, when your LFs drop significantly. BUT this can also happen at just 5% above default, if competition is strong. This is why it is difficult to rise as well.

Just keep it default, always the safest ;) you won't lose money due to too cheap tickets, and won't lose passengers due to too high fees.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.