Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Osaka ITM closed, KIX opened, demand to some cities in Japan plummets?  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Cardinal

• Members
I'm getting oversupply warnings on my routes to Osaka since the changeover from ITM to KIX, even though I wasn't even supplying 100% of demand at ITM. But it's only on routes to two of my bases (SDJ and HND). Demand to my HQ at CTS remains about what it was at ITM.

For SDJ, the demand is about 15% of what it was before. SDJ-ITM had demand around 1200/day. Now it's 200/day. It was a highly competitive route between myself and Sayonara Air, whose base transferred from ITM to KIX. (I'd hate to see how much of a mess he's in now!)

For HND, I'm not getting oversupply warnings since I'm now at 100% supply HND-KIX, but for HND-ITM I was supplying less than 20% of demand.

Shouldn't the demand remain fairly constant between the old and new airport considering it's an outright replacement and not a 2nd airport? ???
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:15:27 AM by tvdan1043 »

Offline fauzi

• Members
No not really. Osaka Itami is still operating as a strictly domestic airport, and Kansai is now an international airport.

Annoying thing is that there was no option to not move to Kansai and stay at Itami instead. Now virtually all my routes are oversupplied...  >:(

Offline alexgv1

• Members
Annoying thing is that there was no option to not move to Kansai and stay at Itami instead. Now virtually all my routes are oversupplied...  >:(

What you have to do is PM the administration before the new airport opens and state your desire to stay at the old airport. If not the system will automatically move you to the new airport.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline Cardinal

• Members
Ok, the last message I got from the system said ITM was going to be a secondary airport, but the earliest messages I got said ITM was to be closed entirely. Therein lies my confusion.

Offline fauzi

• Members
What you have to do is PM the administration before the new airport opens and state your desire to stay at the old airport. If not the system will automatically move you to the new airport.

I didn't know that. Can I still do that?

Offline alexgv1

• Members
I didn't know that. Can I still do that?

Possibly too late now that the airport has changed. Worth asking though. Try PMing Sami.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.