Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Changes to Terms of Service and Game Rules  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Changes to Terms of Service and Game Rules
« on: March 28, 2012, 05:53:32 PM »
Minor updates have been made to our site Terms of Service and AirwaySim Game Rules, effective immediately. The changes are:

Terms / User accounts

Account sharing. All user accounts are for individual private use only. It is forbidden to share your account login information (username/password) to any third party. Each user account must be used only by a single person at all times.

http://www.airwaysim.com/Terms/Profile#Account

Game Rules / User accounts

Holiday deputy. Our Terms of Service state that "It is forbidden to share your account login information (username/password) to any third party. Each user account must be used only by a single person at all times."

In the active AirwaySim game worlds a single exception is allowed to this rule: holiday deputy players. If the user knows that he will be away and unable to access his airline, he may appoint another user to take care of the airline while he is away. This is done by resetting a temporary password (from My Account page) to the user account and passing on this information to the friend acting as the deputy. Once the original player returns he can reset the password and the deputy has no access to the account anymore. This method can be used only if both users are well acquainted and understand that the original user is still responsible for all the actions taken under his account.

The rule exception may only be used for short-term and temporary absences (~no longer than 7-14 days in a row). Every time this exception is used the administration must be notified first (include user names of players, and the duration of sharing).

Any form of account sharing beyond this holiday deputy scheme is forbidden. User account actions are logged.

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Manual/General/Rules/#Account

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
Re: Changes to Terms of Service and Game Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 06:09:12 PM »
Holiday deputy

Since this holiday babysitting is mainly used by active alliance members, I would expect that alliance managers will inform their members about this rule change. Mainly that sharing account login credentials is forbidden, except for rare and temporary cases and each such case must be reported to us before it happens.

(the account login actions are logged - the actual enforcement of this rule begins after a few days, once it can be assumed that active users have seen this news bulletin)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 09:34:21 PM »
nice work Sami.  I like it. 

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
nice work Sami.  I like it. 

I was hoping you were going reply in form of new AWS trading card...

Offline TK1244

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 10:11:42 PM »
The rule exception may only be used for short-term and temporary absences (~no longer than 7-14 days in a row). Every time this exception is used the administration must be notified first (include user names of players, and the duration of sharing).
I might go on vacation for 4 to 6 weeks in July/August this year, thus I need to come online every 14 days?
TK Regional

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 07:50:19 AM »
I might go on vacation for 4 to 6 weeks in July/August this year, thus I need to come online every 14 days?

Well if you are away 6 weeks and no internet, then I don't understand why you pay to keep your airline active at all? That's the point .. But the 7-14 days is a rough guideline.

Offline andriitis

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 09:01:07 AM »
Well, if you are in a game world like DoTM and your airlines has ran out of any real expansion potential (if you don't count opening a new base at an airport with big competition, which would be very time-consuming) but is making a nice profit, you wouldn't want to just shut it down - but you would like somebody to check in once every couple of days to D-check your planes.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 10:02:44 AM »
Well if you are away 6 weeks and no internet, then I don't understand why you pay to keep your airline active at all? That's the point .. But the 7-14 days is a rough guideline.

Don't forget on ultra long game worlds even more effort is put into the airline so you would not just want to give it up. Even when the airline is in autopilot the account could still use a minder for replacing fleets or ordering new ones.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 12:01:35 PM »
why would anyone want to play a game when they will be gone for 1/2 of it?

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 12:05:09 PM »
Ultra long game world. Build airline over 4 months. Go on holiday for 1 month. Still 3-4 months game time after that so why start again when youve done 4 months hard work already. If I built the best airline in LHR I would want to keep that prestige even after I went away on holiday.

Just seems counter productive with these game worlds of you are going to let a vacation stop your work. Seeing if these last 8-10 months it is inevitable that most users will have one holiday in this time.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 12:05:44 PM »
Ultra long game world. Build airline over 4 months. Go on holiday for 1 month. Still 3-4 months game time after that so why start again when youve done 4 months hard work already. If I built the best airline in LHR I would want to keep that prestige even after I went away on holiday.

Just seems counter productive with these game worlds of you are going to let a vacation stop your work. Seeing if these last 8-10 months it is inevitable that most users will have one holiday in this time.

I understand if it is an 8-10 mo game world but not the standard 3 month one.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 12:07:42 PM »
I understand if it is an 8-10 mo game world but not the standard 3 month one.

Yeah my posts have been looking to the future being concerned mainly with the long games. I agree with your point on the short ones.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 12:28:45 PM »
As mentioned the 7-14 days is a guideline but not definitive. Just raising a question that if you are away 2 months, then "what's the point".

Perhaps the airline ownership transfer in the future will make this easier too, If you are away really for 2+ months you can then fully transfer the airline to another manager, and then transfer back when you return.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 12:33:16 PM »
Ok if it isn't a hard rule then I understand and appreciate that. I'm sure people have many different views on this matter. And the airline transfer ownership will be useful for this, yes  :)

Offline TK1244

• Members
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 01:29:09 PM »
The reason why I asked it is because in the past I unexpectedly couldn't come online on notebook or computer for two+ weeks. I don't like to do it on my phone (I only visit AWS on phone for the forum). If something like that happens again, I can log in on my phone, set the babysitter function on, come online after 14 days and reset it again on the next day if I'm sure that I won't be able to come online for x days. Sounds like stupid that I continue playing but like alex already said:

Besides that, when thinking like you I can say "when I reach the limit for my airline, 4 airports all maxes out, why would I continue to p(l)ay till the end of the game world?"

Hope you understand my point ;)
TK Regional

Online Tom14cat14

• Members
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 01:25:50 AM »
Hey sami I was wondering if i will end up getting banned eventually because i am a pilot so alot of time my IP will jump all over the USA. Right now i am on call so it is not to often but when i start working more is that going to get me an automatic ban? I just want to see if there is something i can do to not get banned.
APB Airlines

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 10:27:00 AM »
Depends entirely and only if you have given your account credentials to someone else. If multiple users are using the same account, then it's closed w/o warning. Simple.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.