Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Saab 2000  (Read 1121 times)

samrnpage

• Former member
Saab 2000
« on: March 28, 2012, 01:31:47 PM »
Am new to this as such , had a few go's at it not done too well

Is the SB20 a good plane to make profits on the short routes or is there a better plane like the ERJs ?

Offline AUpilot77

• Members
Re: Saab 2000
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 02:52:20 PM »
The Saab is much better than the ERJ-135/140/145s.  If you're talking about the E-jets (170/175/190/195), they are in a different category due to range and seating capacity so it depends what kind of routes you're trying to fly.

Offline popkinm

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 12:35:20 PM »
The Saab 2000 is a great plane to start with, it is the fastest turboprop available, had low fuel consumption and is relatively cheap to lease.

There are a couple things to note with starting with a Saab
1) Rent older:Cheaper Lease, never lease beyond D-Check(dump before) ex: D check is in 4.2 years, lease for 4
2)Fly it often, pack the routes, 4-5 routes/day min to start generally 60-300nm from base airport, and then work your way out.
3) On routes above 3/400 nm change config to 51 standard econ seats, especially if in competitive airport(3 or more airlines based) as the Good comfort factor really boosts the plane
4) Remember you have the advantage over a ERJ/CRJ in being able to underprice your flight, they are fuel suckers, and need better than 70%LF to come close to a true profit, whereas a saab can do much less.

They are great regional aircraft and as to start, just keep piling on routes as you get the money, dont stop leasing, and in my recommendation I do not add new fleet types till i have 20 or more of a type.

If you want E-Jets go for the E-190's/195's but never at start, they are hard to find on the used market, relatively fuel inefficient, and better for longer routes and established airlines.   

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 03:46:22 PM »
I love the Saab and am using then currently in MT6.  Just one comment:

On routes above 3/400 nm change config to 51 standard econ seats

I suppose this would help in high competition but I am quite happily flying mine up to 4hrs each way with HD seating.  On slower aircraft that can be a bit limiting but on the S2000 that gives you a range of approximately 820nm, vs 750nm on an ATR, for example.

I find it difficult to fully utilise the aircraft on short routes only, so I tend to go for one red-eye of 700nm+ and then three shorter flights during the day.  This seems to work very well, even if the LF on the long flight is a little low (usually 65% to 80%)

For info, the break-even point with fuel currently at just over $1000 seems to be about 45% load factor.

As for the higher fuel consumption, remember that the shorter flight times somewhat compensate for this - the engines are more thirsty but they are not running for as long.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 03:56:23 PM by knobbygb »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.