Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Higher Quality Economy Seating?  (Read 502 times)

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
Higher Quality Economy Seating?
« on: March 20, 2012, 07:06:15 PM »
I've been flying a small fleet of 40-seat CV-240s on some low demand routes with most running around 60%LF. Since I have so many unsold seats on the longer flights is it worthwhile to drop down to 32 Standard Economy seats or even 21 Premium Economy seats? Perhaps a combination thereof? How much does passenger comfort level actually effect ticket sales? There is zero demand for business class right now so that's not an option.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: Higher Quality Economy Seating?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 08:29:02 PM »
Economy plus seats are crap.   Sorry to say.  They only work on long haul and the results are marginal at best. 

They will not care on flights ~300nm or less.  At that point, they will suffer through an hour or two to leave when they want to.

Offline Orion

• Members
Re: Higher Quality Economy Seating?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 10:14:09 PM »
I have been slightly better with standard seating over high density on routes that I have competition.  Not sure if that has anything to do with the seating or not.  I think I have slightly better frequency on those routes as well though.  It always seems like load factors stay about the same regardless of seat type on the aircraft, but maybe that is just me.  If you have 40 seats and are selling 33 on a regular basis, dropping down to 32 roomier seats on the airplane has actually resulted in fewer seats sold for me in the past.  I am assuming it has something to do with the way company and route image affect load factors?  Of course that was back during ver. 1.2.  Not sure if that has changed since.  Feel free to correct me if my experiences are different from others.  I have not spent nearly as much time in game here as most.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.