Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Massive gap in delivery times?  (Read 813 times)

Offline jamier

• Members
Massive gap in delivery times?
« on: March 20, 2012, 12:44:22 PM »
Hi all,

I ordered 100 a320s a while ago. Just converting the leases to direct purchase and noticed a 7 month gap in deliveries. 20th december is my last delivery in 1994 then it jumps no deliveries until 1st july 1995. I havent cancelled any aircraft deliveries and theres alot of production gaps in the delivery schedule but no cancelled slots.

Can anyone or sami shed some light on this?

Cheers

Jamie

Offline Jona L.

• Members
Re: Massive gap in delivery times?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 01:09:10 PM »
Hi all,

I ordered 100 a320s a while ago. Just converting the leases to direct purchase and noticed a 7 month gap in deliveries. 20th december is my last delivery in 1994 then it jumps no deliveries until 1st july 1995. I havent cancelled any aircraft deliveries and theres alot of production gaps in the delivery schedule but no cancelled slots.

Can anyone or sami shed some light on this?

Cheers

Jamie

Might be that the production line was filled during these month before you ordered a/c (e.g. due to the production launch of a new sub-model), and some of the companies now went bankrupt, which would result in a release of the production slots after a little while. Just your orders are usually not moved ahead, if the production rate does not change.

hope I could help :)

cheers,
Jona L.

Offline jamier

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 08:51:40 AM »
Production line was fine and has been maxed out at 47 for as long as i can remember.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 06:10:35 PM »
Production line was fine and has been maxed out at 47 for as long as i can remember.

I believe the A321-100 begins deliveries about the same time your gap is (but can't look to see the expected certification date because I have too many aircraft on order  ::))

Don
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 07:22:03 AM »
The system seems to "make room" for new types by concentrating new slots (with increased production) around the release times of the new models.  You may actually find some of your orders have been pushed back - by as much as a year :o to make this room.  I had this problem with A330/A340 and it CAN be solved if you're careful:

Try to place some orders for a type in the same subfleet which you do not currently have on order (in this case A321).  You will PROBABLY be offered 6 or 7 of the empty slots BEFORE your other deliveries but be sure this is true before proceeding.  Once these are ordered, immediately change them from A321 to A320 (or whatever you need).  There will be a small financial penalty but this will be easily made up for by having the extra 6 or 7 aircraft years earlier.

I did this with my A330 and it worked fine.  

A bit of a bug really and very annoying.  For example, in Jet Age, with the DC8, there are so many new models all the time that some of my orders were delivered NINE YEARS LATER than scheduled when I originally ordered them, so count yourself lucky this is just a few months.  :'(

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.