Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Competition  (Read 515 times)

• Former member
« on: March 18, 2012, 07:27:41 PM »
So, I'm starting to get to the point at my base that I'm uncertain as to how to proceed. For a while there were about two or three route sets that were untouched and you could fill up empty routes with planes and make good money.

Now, however, those days are over and I'm forced to look at route planning screens like this:

Either vastly over-populated routes like the one above (KCLT-KATL) or routes that seemingly have just about enough capacity as the one on the bottom (KCLT-KBWI).

My question is, what do I do with routes like this? The route to Atlanta I've put a few flights on, and they make some money, but I don't understand how to optimize my competition and what I need to do to get a good enough marketshare on a place like that. As far as the BWI run is concerned, routes like that I'm typically leery of, as there's so little demand that I don't feel like I know how to get in there and cut some out of the herd.

My CI is at 40 and, so far, climbing and I'm making decent profit. Usually around 100k to 150k USD a week. I'm running CV240s and CV340s domestically. What should I do?

Thanks.  :)

Offline alexgv1

• Members
Re: Competition
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 07:35:02 PM »
In early stages of the game I would drop the first route and put the plane on a route which is unserved. Wait for the competitors to drop out (BK) then re-enter.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

• Former member
Re: Competition
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 07:59:53 PM »
Well, the thing is, most of the unserved routes out of my base are pretty much filled up. I just filled up some of the last ones a little bit ago and there's not much left except routes that are like 10-20 pax a day, which I suppose I'll have to get into next.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.