Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Are many of you out there doing C class on your larger aircraft?....  (Read 768 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
or your smaller ones for that matter? OR are a lot of you sticking to Y for now? Just curious.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: Are many of you out there doing C class on your larger aircraft?....
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 07:45:32 PM »
depends on the route. 

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 12:09:45 AM »
I'm just trying to decide if I want to take a DC-6 out of service for 3 days at this point. It's at all Y right now and the airline is fairly new. I'll check the price of a reconfiguration to see if its doable. I just sort of wondered what other people doing at this point. I do have routes where it would be good to have or maybe just wait for LF's  and revenue to move up some before I do that. And yes, of course it depends on the route. ;)

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 03:29:56 AM »
I worked out on my routes with DC6 there is more potential ticket income in all Y than adding C perhaps the same calculations could help you Gary.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

highlander1715

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 10:19:41 AM »
All my Viscounts have some C replaced the all y with dual class and retro-configed before allotting to newer routes.  Cheaper to order long  leased ones all y and re-configure on delivery.  Looking at my LFs it looks as if my competitors are neglecting this important market sector!

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 07:20:23 PM »
Wow! Both good points to consider. This will take some pondering indeed! ???

ramsterdambo

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 12:08:52 AM »
Almost all my routes have plenty of premium demand, so the backbone of my fleet consists of Lockheed Super Constellations in 70Y, 8C configuration. It gets me around $1500 more per route than if I'd filled the plane with Y seating. The Comet 3s I'm putting into service at the moment have 60 Y seats and 3 C seats each, as they're smaller and their speed allows them to fly routes more frequently (hence scooping up the rest of C demand).

My advice is that a large bird like a DC6 should definitely have some C seats on longer routes. If the lease is running for a couple more years you'll be very glad you took it out of service for 3 days!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.