Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: In this game we seem to have two airlines with nearly exactly....  (Read 1967 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
the same name. We have Lone Star Airlines and Lone Star Express. I just happened to notice it. My carrier, Lone Star Airlines, was created well over 1500 days ago while Express was created just close to 400 days ago. Is this permitted? That's awfully close in the name department. My airline is doing well, but as any airline would say, "We don't want an identity crisis". If it is ok with the powers that be, then fine, I'll go with it. But what is the "official" stance on something like this. Is the word "Express" sufficient enough to differentiate it from my airline?  ???

Offline ArcherII

• Members
Re: In this game we seem to have two airlines with nearly exactly....
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 08:37:41 PM »
Well, my airline is Speed Air, but there's an airline called SpeedAir. Not sure who came up with it first, and I was certainly not copying anybody. Why would I do it????

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 09:15:43 PM »
Is the word "Express" sufficient enough to differentiate it from my airline?  ???

The limitation with too slight changes is only made towards real world airlines. It would be enough if he just had 1 letter changed from your name. It still is a different name.

Just make sure no one will forget which airline is the better ;)

tdg1986

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 10:55:43 PM »
Well, my airline is Speed Air, but there's an airline called SpeedAir. Not sure who came up with it first, and I was certainly not copying anybody. Why would I do it????

You were first with it in this game, although I've used it in some previous games, which may also be true of you.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 11:31:49 PM by tdg1986 »

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 01:04:23 AM »
Ok sounds good! I'm not going to worry about it. Mine is the better one, LOL!  :laugh:

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 02:41:17 AM »
You were first with it in this game, although I've used it in some previous games, which may also be true of you.

Actually I'm OK with it, and if you're OK with it aswell then great! I wasn't bothered by it hence I didn't come up with it to the forums.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 02:08:36 AM »
Just happened to notice as I was scouting for routes. EEEZ cool with me. :laugh:

LOT767

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 06:06:23 AM »
Maybe you two could get a US Airways....US Airways Express thing going.....Continental....Continental Express...etc...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.