Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Slots cost  (Read 532 times)

Offline dansken

• Members
Slots cost
« on: March 08, 2012, 11:35:50 PM »
Hi

Been a while since I played and started a new airline 3 days ago out of PHX.

However slot costs seems to be rather high, price for 7 slots out of PHX being around 350-500k. Is this normal? On the return flights the slot cost is much lower, even when routing to other majors like ATL, ORD, MIA and FRA. PHX right now is far from being at max capacity. Setting up routes for 2 ATR's set me back 3,5m  :o

/ConAir

minerva

• Former member
Re: Slots cost
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 03:00:13 AM »
The new normal. Slot costs were raised a few months back along with the new system of expanding amount of slots (airport start out at 50% of their normal number and increase rapidly in the first couple of years). All part of the effort to restrain unrealistic early growth and slot hogging.

Offline dansken

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 11:24:42 AM »
I see.. Seems weird though that the slots are only so expensive at the base airport :P

Thanks for the answer!  :)

/ConAir

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 01:15:34 PM »
I see.. Seems weird though that the slots are only so expensive at the base airport :P

Thanks for the answer!  :)

/ConAir

I think there's a fairly extreme discount built in if you don't have a presense at the destination airport. If you mouseover the "i" looking icon somewhere near the slot day picker, it will list which discounts are applying to the slot purchases.

And honestly, the price for slots that you're paying isn't as extreme as what I was paying in ORD- on the low end, it was 1m-1.5m for a set of daily slots.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.