Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Some problems with planning flights in schedule  (Read 1514 times)

SulphurTX

• Former member
Some problems with planning flights in schedule
« on: January 15, 2009, 04:56:34 PM »
Hi people! I have a little problem with my airline! Im flying 2 times a day from Vancouver to Calgary with my Fokker 27. See the scheme down here. Now I want to add a third daily flight departing at 20.30 pm, but it says: Cannot assign this route for this aircraft. The route would overlap another flight or maintenance check already in the schedule. Please assign the route to another aircraft or change the route days or departure times.

Somebody knows what to do? This is my schedule:

DFY001
DFY002

CYVR - CYYC       0700-1030
CYYC - CYVR       1130-1300
Days: 1234567    

DFY003
DFY004

CYVR - CYYC       1400-1730
CYYC - CYVR       1815-1945

and I want to add this flight:

DFY005
DFY006

CYVR - CYYC       2030-2400
CYYC - CYVR       0040-0210

Why is this not possible?
When I uncheck the day that there is amaintenance job, it does not work either!

Thanks for your help!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Some problems with planning flights in schedule
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 04:59:02 PM »
when do you have the A check?

SulphurTX

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 05:02:33 PM »
Monday at 0.00am is the A/check
Friday at 0.00am is the B/check

Echoco

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 05:07:02 PM »
like sami said must be your A check its usually at 00:00 and its not the day the maintenance is done you need to uncheck its the day before since the flight from the day before will overlap with your maintenance.

also flight 001-002 have 1 hour turn around  003-004 45 minutes turnaround and 005-006 40 minutes turn around?
you could have all your last flight end at 02:00 if you made the turn around all 45 minutes, unless you wanted them at those times.   :laugh:

Offline Dan380

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 05:13:15 PM »
The A check has to be perfomed every week. So, unlike the B check, you have to allow time in the aircraft schedule for the A check, which is 5 hours.
2 Solutions, one is to shift the schedule about, move the A check to 0200 and cut 10 minutes from turnaround times somewhere. The other is to set the last flight not to run on the day of the check.

P.S. If you are going to go with the second option, might be best to move the check to saturday, as that's when demand is generally at it's lowest.

SulphurTX

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 05:15:47 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for the quick help! I removed the flight at sunday, and the turnaround is 45 min each flight!
A very long day for my 2 pilots...3 flights a day, almost 7 days a week! But thats not my problem!

SulphurTX

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 05:18:39 PM »
Huh? Now i got 4 pilots employed in my company...  :o
Is this simulation that smart?  ::)

SulphurTX

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 05:19:42 PM »
I bought a second plane, but its not yet delivered.... Maybe that does the thinking?

Echoco

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 05:22:38 PM »
you just got the personnel management on auto it adjust your employees when ever you add a new flight, but doesn't fire people when you delete flights (I hate auto  >:(), also once your new plane is delivered the employee wouldn't change until you assign flights to it.

Offline Dan380

• Members
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 05:53:44 PM »
1 plane doesn't mean 2 pilots.

1, Look at your schedule, they'd have maybe 5 hours sleep at most if they lived on the airport (which they dont).

2, IRL, pilots are limited to "hours", the number that can be flown is quite small and hence pilots tend to have a 3 or 4 day week. These are due to restrictions to prevent tirdeness and long-term exposure to radiation.

3, There always needs to be back-up pilots. In case one pilot is ill or can't make the flight due to extra hours from a delayed flight.

To be honest, 4 pilots for your Fokker 27 sounds generous. I wouldn't complain.  ;)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 05:54:06 PM »
the staff is added whenever you make more routes or schedule them for the plane. It does not hire staff just for delivered plane that is sitting empty at the tarmac.  ... automatic staff that is.

And if the company is very small (<4-5 planes) the staff numbers are reduced as small firms usually have part of the staff as both managers/pilots etc.

SulphurTX

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 06:13:25 PM »
ok, thanks for now! really cool game, sami!  :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.