Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: My company image...  (Read 1002 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
My company image...
« on: March 06, 2012, 07:58:45 PM »
it seems odd that my company image is staying static at 70. Punctuality is up, my delays are approx 70% due to weather, all maintenance is up to date. My 737-200's are being replaced by 737-300's and I have 8 on order which is actually a couple more than I need right now, but I am hoping sami will up passenger demand from DAL soon. I am using F-100's on routes requiring 100 seats or less and Boeing doesn't have that. I have 2 of those at this time and having 2 different fleet types is really no big deal (unless you count the 737-200's still left in the fleet) in that area, I believe. That has been said by others in the forums as well. I couldn't see running a plane with 126 seats to a destination that only needs 95 or so. I think its been working out well. The planes are almost full on the routes they are being used on.
I did a temporary general advertising campaign in my base city which is in addition to my permanent national campaign. All my aircraft have standard Y seating as we are an LCC, but not using high density seating. I'm stumped.
Idea's and suggestions are very much appreciated.
P.S. I have a lot of cash too!!! :-\

Offline ArcherII

• Members
Re: My company image...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 08:36:58 PM »
If you want high CI, then buy it!

P.S. I have a lot of cash too!!! :-\

There you go.  :)

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 09:05:40 PM »
Buy it Archer? I'm not quite sure I know what you mean. What should I buy? (Or better yet, who do I pay off LOL)?

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 09:22:18 PM »
By spending on marketing.

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 11:19:41 PM »
CI doesn't really work how you might logically expect.  It's a direct link between how much you spend and what the CI will rise to, simple as that.  You can run the best, most punctual airline in the world with a totally modern fleet, good fares, frequency etc. but your CI will peak at some fixed level depending how much you spend on marketing.  If you stop the spending it'll begin to drop - right back down to about 20% I think. 

It's not linear either.  To get from, say 70% to 90% will require a certain weekly budget but to get from 90% to 100% will take several times that again.  It depends on the number of destinations you serve, I believe, but for example, I'm currently spending just over $5M per week and my CI won't go above 90%.  I haven't tried, but I suspect I'd have to double that spending to get to 100%.

It'd be nice, and much more realistic if just being "good" would raise your CI but it just doesn't work like that.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 11:21:39 PM »
Ah! Now I see. I see so many people in the forums "poo-poo" marketing, I didn't do very much of it. Ok then lets try it and see what happens. Thanks!!!!     :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.