Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New player protection system  (Read 4714 times)

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
Re: New player protection system
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2015, 01:08:43 PM »
what about some sort of bonus system for alliances to get new players into the game?

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2015, 01:20:44 PM »
Give a bonus to new players for the parameters that give current players their alliance scores so that alliances are not only 'encouraged' to take on new players but also 'encouraged' to help them grow.

Also its a pity that someone like Sanabas isn't still around as he would be a perfect candidate to produce You Tube instruction / help videos for new players to learn from.

I recently started playing another game that now has me totally hooked (and I have put in many Euros) mainly because I found You Tube instructional videos from a player that is in the top 10% of teams worldwide.
His videos gave me a lot of insight and saved me heaps of game frustration.......this type of help can turn an early quitter into a seasoned player.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 01:26:50 PM by Kadachiman »

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2015, 02:27:07 PM »
@Kadachiman : I disagree. Entering in an already running world is insanely tough. All the good spots are already taken. You have to either choose a bad spot, or to compete with existing airlines.

Rules after your first year are so, that if you're not efficient, you'll die anyways. The boost for beginning just helps keeping the head out of the water while the big boys dedicate a few planes to prevent you from emerging.

(but I 100% agree with your videos, even if I prefer texts, I know a lot of people will prefer videos).

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2015, 08:45:10 PM »
The idea is not to make the game _easier_ really, but more understandable to newbies (with some helpers to get them going; most of which have been actually now introduced).. Like someone pointed out earlier in this thread, the system should ideally be a bit more clever and warn you before you are about to make anything really stupid (like leasing a B747 that is too big for your home base airport). All these "smart warnings" are a tad complicated (but doable), but should ease the learning curve and cut down the big&costly mistakes.

And also based on my research many users tackle with some of the very basics (some concepts of scheduling for example) and there the "ready made airline" startup option should be helpful when one sees directly how it's supposed to be done (in a small scale). And really no game relies solely on written manual anymore these days - the startup should be interactive. Keeping existing players happy and making sure the new players are able to jump onboard are quite much two different things, and these improvements (and this thread) focuses on the latter really (but the first part, old players, haven't been forgotten either since the big majority of updates are things newbies don't know anything of..).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 08:47:35 PM by sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.