Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: 1 vs 2 daily flights.  (Read 771 times)

Offline swadeepc

• Members
1 vs 2 daily flights.
« on: February 28, 2012, 07:28:00 AM »
Hey guys. I have some questions to ask you guys. I would really appreciate your suggestions. Say there's a demand of around 100-130 passengers to certain destination. Is is better serving that destination daily with Airbus A318 (120pax) or twice daily with E170 (67pax). What are your ideas?

Thanks
Swadeep

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5fs5nn

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
Re: 1 vs 2 daily flights.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 10:41:54 AM »
Twice daily every time.

IMO it is the bane of this game but frequency wins every time over reality. It works right down from E170 against A319 all the way up to 757 against 777

Offline swadeepc

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 11:31:26 AM »
thanks very much :) well i guess it makes sense...give your airline passengers more flexibility on timing of the flight...dont know if this feature is taken account for in the game..

anyway cheers :)
swadeep

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 12:39:05 PM »
I would recommend not flying the A318 on AWS. It doesn't have the niche which it has in real life. And A319/20/21 can do better job for similar fuel. Also in your embraer consider high density seating for short routes under 1000nm as they not the best jet for fuel efficiency per pax (I have recently discovered).
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

citywalker

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 01:59:30 PM »
An observation about your current operations.

You're operating in a very unefficient way in terms of scheduling. You have the following services:
HAM 4/weekly (demand could support 2/daily with the E170)
MUC 3/weekly (demand for 1/daily with your A319)
BCN 4/weekly (demand for 2/daily with E170, but the 1900+NM distance makes the Embraer very, very inefficient, so a 1/daily A319 service would be better)
DXB 3/weekly (demand for 2/daily with E170)

For every route you have, regardless of how many times per day/week you fly there, adds to your overhead costs. Therefore, it is more efficient to have as few routes as possible and to take the maximum out of those. A better plan for now would be for example to axe MUC, BCN, DXB and focus your E170 on the HAM route (+ if it fits the schedule, a 3rd flight to somewhere closer by, TBS-KBP seems to be free of competition), while keeping your A319 on MAD and FCO routes.

And yes, as Alexgv1 said, fit more seats into the Embraer. 76 is a good figure, keeps the comfort level at "fair" and gives you room for another 9 paying customers.

Good luck, cheers.

Offline swadeepc

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 04:30:39 PM »
Hi there. Thanks a lot for laying out the plan for me. You're right E170 not doing so well. I'll try your way. Thanks again. Appreciate it.

Swadeep

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.