Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fuel at 700 and rising  (Read 3046 times)

Offline mark320

• Members
Re: Fuel at 700 and rising
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 10:19:11 AM »
If I may offer some personal recommendations.
1. Consider fuel contracts, calculate the cost vs benefits using a projected figure where you will breakeven on the contract price. Don't forget it  caters only for departures from base (div2)
2. Your aircraft type are better for shorter sectors, especially with rising fuel prices. Although they consume more fuel per unit, what you will be doing is shifting costs to fixed costs and reducing your exposure to fuel price. However, keep in mind that this is risky since your actual cost per seat kilometre is going to rise, but you can control it. Also try to reduce your turnaround times and increase utilisation to increase your revenue to counter your decreased efficiency.
3. Did I mention utilisation? FLY your planes till they drop! Schedule routes per day so you can monitor each flight performance and then increase or cut routes as appropriate. Don't forget that frequency plays an important role in the game.
4. If you have a route which gives you good profit, increase seat count to reap revenue. Be careful how to interpret LF as sometimes it can be misleading. It's all about profit! ;)

Hope it helps you out.

knutm1980

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 12:00:53 PM »
I recently joined the game to brush up a little..I like this fuel contract business..thought I had selected it..but never scrolled down and confirmed..hope I can reduce my 3million+ bill now, considering I'm only just getting in 5million in ticket sales. Sadly, all my nearest stops worth flying to are already crowded. But hey, a 2.1% drop in fuel prices today.

Raptor1090

• Former member
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 05:30:43 PM »
1. Consider fuel contracts, calculate the cost vs benefits using a projected figure where you will breakeven on the contract price. Don't forget it  caters only for departures from base (div2)
2. Your aircraft type are better for shorter sectors, especially with rising fuel prices. Although they consume more fuel per unit, what you will be doing is shifting costs to fixed costs and reducing your exposure to fuel price. However, keep in mind that this is risky since your actual cost per seat kilometre is going to rise, but you can control it. Also try to reduce your turnaround times and increase utilisation to increase your revenue to counter your decreased efficiency.
3. Did I mention utilisation? FLY your planes till they drop! Schedule routes per day so you can monitor each flight performance and then increase or cut routes as appropriate. Don't forget that frequency plays an important role in the game.
4. If you have a route which gives you good profit, increase seat count to reap revenue. Be careful how to interpret LF as sometimes it can be misleading. It's all about profit! ;)

Hope it helps you out.

Thanks a lot for the tips. Will surely keep them in mind.
The problem is that I've just got a fleet of four aircraft and my net cash balance is around zero, so I cant make any rescheduling changes nor do a major overhaul of routes I fly to as income isn't too much. The longer sectors (>800nm) are the few routes where there is little to no competition, so I have about 1/3rd of my routes there. Elsewhere, a lot of competition. Any tips on tackling that?

If things don't improve, I'll have to go bankrupt and start over with your tips. Also, is there any newbie tips on scheduling routes on a per day basis? Thinking of it seems quite overwhelming and I don't think I have too much free time to get my brain around finding an optimum route planning scheme.
Thanks again!
-Raptor

Offline NovemberCharlie

• Members
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 08:52:50 PM »
I am just glad that my 77L RUN-EWR (7994nm) still makes between 152 000 and 252 000 profit!
My 762s with long routes and low LFs are making a bit of a loss, but just one 777 makes up for it and leaves some reserves.

am I btw the only one who had a drop in revenue during the last week of 2006 (when the fuel spiked), was kinda scared that it was solely the fuel, but then realized my revenue was over 11 million lower...

Hope I hang in until the 787 comes in!

Regards,

NC

knutm1980

• Former member
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 09:17:23 AM »
Starting up is nigh impossible..I just buckled. Almost all my revenue was being swallowed up with fuel. Trying again, this time with turbo props with almost a quarter savings on fuel consumption. I guess at least bankruptcies frees up some planes in the market too..  :-\

MattMarderosian

• Former member
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 11:03:19 AM »
Just wonder how much higher it will go.I thought putting gas in my car was bad lol :o

MattMarderosian

• Former member
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 09:12:29 PM »
These fuel prices are a killer even with fuel discounts >:(

Raptor1090

• Former member
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2012, 04:13:02 PM »
1. Consider fuel contracts, calculate the cost vs benefits using a projected figure where you will breakeven on the contract price. Don't forget it  caters only for departures from base (div2)

Hope it helps you out.

Well I just cancelled one long(ish) route of 1000nm that was in the red with two short routes that are profitable and volia, from a mere 400-500k of profit per month from 4 aircraft, I now have approximately 1.5m of net income (profit) per month with the same number of aircraft. I also did a bit of cost-cutting that saves me about 70-100k pm, but it's surprising that the profits of one aircraft would make such a huge difference.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 04:17:16 PM by Raptor1090 »

Offline Andriy

• Members
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2012, 04:26:46 PM »
Dont forget that fuel went down from 1000+ to mid-800s over last couple of game weeks - this might had a big impact, not only rescheduling

Offline schlaf

• Members
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2012, 07:20:10 PM »
I also did a bit of cost-cutting that saves me about 70-100k pm,

What kind of cost-cutting did you do than?

Offline mark320

• Members
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2012, 09:22:52 PM »
Well I just cancelled one long(ish) route of 1000nm that was in the red with two short routes that are profitable and volia, from a mere 400-500k of profit per month from 4 aircraft, I now have approximately 1.5m of net income (profit) per month with the same number of aircraft. I also did a bit of cost-cutting that saves me about 70-100k pm, but it's surprising that the profits of one aircraft would make such a huge difference.

Happy to be of assistance. Good luck and start thinking..slowly.. of how to lease more fuel efficient aircraft.

Raptor1090

• Former member
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 09:41:48 AM »
What kind of cost-cutting did you do than?

Reduced staff salaries by about 70k per month. I could've reduced it more if needed, but didn't. Also reduced my investments in marketing to give an additional 30-40k per month.

MattMarderosian

• Former member
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 01:01:20 AM »
Glad to see fuel prices on there way down :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.