Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: No one gives a crap anymore  (Read 1047 times)

Nlgravity

• Former member
No one gives a crap anymore
« on: February 22, 2012, 05:38:39 AM »
You can realize the level of intensity in a gameworld by the number of posts each day. Since we started this world to just about 2 weeks ago (real time), your post was answered with 3 different approaches before you press submit.

But now, not so much. Is this a sign that we reached cruising altidute in the gameworld and it will be seat belt sign off and cabin lights dimmed for the rest of the gameworld?

Offline connorc17

• Members
Re: No one gives a crap anymore
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 06:20:29 AM »
Fuel has barely even spiked over 600, which i think is quite monumental for a Modern Times Scenario. It's actually almost ridiculous that it has been this low throughout the game.

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 06:47:29 AM »
You can realize the level of intensity in a gameworld by the number of posts each day. Since we started this world to just about 2 weeks ago (real time), your post was answered with 3 different approaches before you press submit.

But now, not so much. Is this a sign that we reached cruising altidute in the gameworld and it will be seat belt sign off and cabin lights dimmed for the rest of the gameworld?
I will still have my seat belt fastened when the sign is off, simply because we don't know when the (must coming) turbulence will come. lol

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 11:51:35 PM »
Fuel has barely even spiked over 600, which i think is quite monumental for a Modern Times Scenario. It's actually almost ridiculous that it has been this low throughout the game.

Inflation IRL between 2000 and 2010 was ~35%, which means the $600 fuel price is really closer to $825 or so in past MT scenarios (MT6 started in 1995).

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 01:22:30 AM »
Inflation IRL between 2000 and 2010 was ~35%, which means the $600 fuel price is really closer to $825 or so in past MT scenarios (MT6 started in 1995).

Fuel prices can rise faster than inflation, or they can drop.  In RL, fuel prices outpaced inflation by a huge margin.  The table linked here:
http://inflationdata.com/inflation/inflation_rate/historical_oil_prices_table.asp

shows an increase from average price of $37 in 2004 to $91 in 2008.  And, 2008 is an average for the year.  I think the price hit a peak of > $140 in mid 2008.  Jet fuel went from $.90 cents per gallon in 2004 to $4.21 in mid 2008

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 04:26:40 AM »
To topic starter, would suggest to clean up your language a bit. The topic is not very appropriate.

Nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 05:37:46 AM »
To topic starter, would suggest to clean up your language a bit. The topic is not very appropriate.

You are right, I am sorry. I was just trying to start a little debate since people seemed a bit disconnected compared to beginning of game world. And I thought the t***le would really catch people's atttention. But it was wrong.

If I could change it I would. But it doesnt let me.

Sorry Sami

Nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 05:40:20 AM »
You are right, I am sorry. I was just trying to start a little debate since people seemed a bit disconnected compared to beginning of game world. And I thought the t***le would really catch people's atttention. But it was wrong.

If I could change it I would. But it doesnt let me.

Sorry Sami

Disclaimer: The word that got blocked off for profanity (I guess?) is supposed to be "t***le". Not sure why it got "beeped". Definetly not trying to be inappropiate while Im apologizing for being inappropiate!

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 08:48:51 PM »
Definetly not trying to be inappropiate while Im apologizing for being inappropiate!

New (nick)name: Mr. Inappropriate  8)
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 08:42:42 AM »
New (nick)name: Mr. Inappropriate  8)
I like

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.