Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: to buy or not to buy  (Read 400 times)

• Former member
to buy or not to buy
« on: February 05, 2012, 09:27:33 PM »
So I'm thinking about buying my first aircraft, but worried about buyer's remorse.  When I lease an aircraft I can quickly dump it before a C or D check with a small early termination fee (I usually lease aircraft where the C check is towards the end of the lease term).  However, when I sell an aircraft, is a sale a sure thing or will it sit on the market for a long time?  Can buyers negotiate a lower fee?

• Former member
Re: to buy or not to buy
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 09:34:15 PM »
It depends on the aircraft. Look at the used mkt and if you see many planes like yours for sale in used mkt, then that means people are not buying them. So yours will sit in the mkt for a long time next to those.

But if you buy an a330, then I'm not alone when I promise you that for now I will snatch from you at a nice premium. As a rule of thumb, look at the global statistics for planes and if there are a lot in use AND on order, then that plane is common to other's fleet so it will be more liquid.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.