Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Competition (Don't Understanding)  (Read 709 times)

Offline serverkill

• Members
Competition (Don't Understanding)
« on: January 31, 2012, 10:12:21 AM »
Sami, help me to understand that:

The unique difference that I see between my Airline and the competitor is the image. Could be that the problem?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 10:18:17 AM by serverkill »

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: Competition (Don't Understanding)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 10:25:34 AM »
The really big problem is that your flights are too close together. They should be a minimum of 1 hr apart, and instead they are 30 minutes apart. That means the LF gets penalised, that's why it is so low.

I assume that is 5 planes, flying the same route 3 times daily each?

If you change them from starting at 0400, 0430, 0500, 0530, 0600, and instead make them start at 0400, 0500, 0600, 0700, 0800, there'll be no more penalty.

If your CI is lower than his, that also won't help.

You've also got 68 HD seats in each plane? That hurts too against a competitor with standard seats.

But neither of those things is as big a problem as flights being too close. Fix that, and you'll probably be ahead on market share, and LF should probably climb above 60 or 70%.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 10:28:23 AM by Sanabas »

Offline serverkill

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 10:34:05 AM »
Ok, thanks for the reply. I will change the time between the routes.

But what I think is most difficult to understand is that my routes had over 70% LF just 4 weeks ago (game time), and I didn't change anything.

Offline Meicci

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 10:34:53 AM »
The really big problem is that your flights are too close together. They should be a minimum of 1 hr apart, and instead they are 30 minutes apart. That means the LF gets penalised, that's why it is so low.

1000 demand and you think one hour interval is needed? 30 minute interval might be too short, but I think 45-50 minutes should be fine.

With that frequency, you should have higher market share. But because some of your routes depart or arrive between 0000-0500, they get penalized. And also it seems that the interval is too short.. Try fixing those and you should have much higher LF's.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 10:37:48 AM by Meicci »

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 10:41:08 AM »
I can't remember and don't want to search to see if I can find approximately where it drops to 45, 50, etc. But I know 1 hour is safe, and on that route there's no reason not to use 1 hour.  :laugh:

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 01:38:28 PM »
Yes, with 1000 demand 40-45 should work, but if you can go 1 hour then I would go 1 hour to eliminate all doubt!

Don
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Akorn

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 03:02:35 PM »
Also my flights (Five Stars) are 55 minutes shorter, due to the fact, that I'm using jets. I don't know how much it impacts the PAX distribution though, but I think it does. The CI is a factor, but in this game I believe it's not that important.

The fact that you're using props gives you a fuel use advantage. And the fact that you have more daily flights should also make attract more PAX to your flights.

And lastly: My load factors on that route is about the same as yours, so it all comes down to competition and the ability to cover the loss from low LF routes with other high paying routes.

Cheers
Lasse (Akorn / Five Stars)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.