Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Commonality question...  (Read 1210 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
Commonality question...
« on: January 30, 2012, 10:42:03 PM »
as of this moment my carrier is in operation with only 2 737-300's and they are doing quite well for their routes. BUT, I can't get another one to save my life. I have all but one route to myself which is good. Would it be SOOOOO terrible if I used some 737-200's (yes I know it isn't same as a -300) to keep the expansion going? Besides fleet commonality being very important, I have also seen throughout these forum pages over time that expansion is equally as important. You can't sit on your laurels and wait for what you want to come along. The are plenty of 737-200adv out there that could take interim duty and the lease prices for short periods are relatively cheap and at least they are still Boeing. Suggestions or comments please? :-\

wapp11

• Former member
Re: Commonality question...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 04:18:24 AM »
Stay at 3 or less fleet types and you will be ok.  737-200Adv is still a very good AC for the time.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 06:39:14 PM »
Thank you! That's what I thought too! :)

Chaxterium

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 12:52:08 PM »
I'm in the exact same position as the OP so I just want to be clear because I really don't understand how fleet commonality affects your bottom line. I know having different types of aircraft is bad, and costs a lot more money but I don't know by how much. I guess what I'm asking is if I have only 3 737-300s and I start a fleet of 737-200s is it going to hurt me that much? I'm currently making a nice little pot of cash each week so I'm scared to mess things up but on the other hand unless I get some more aircraft I'm not going to be able to expand at all.

Cheers,
Chax

Offline TerryMcKenna

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 09:29:08 PM »
Just tick the "aircraft type common to my current fleet" box

Chaxterium

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 10:54:48 AM »
That's exactly what I do, but up until just now there were no 733s available and there hadn't been any available for a while so I was starting to have to consider changing my fleet.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 07:29:35 PM »
I just started ordering 737-300's and I'm going to wait it out. I need to to get the age of my fleet down anyway.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.