Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Company Image problems  (Read 873 times)

geb

• Former member
Company Image problems
« on: January 27, 2012, 03:46:57 PM »
I'm having a real problem getting my company image above 35 or so,
Managed 50 CI but had to scale back my LH ops (and staff) when fuel began increasing...

Many airlines have 100 CI, so obviously theres an element I'm missing / don't know about..   ???
Any tips? :D Cheers

GEB

minerva

• Former member
Re: Company Image problems
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 03:54:25 PM »
There's no secret.  The more money you spend on marketing (general, not route specific) the higher it goes. There are a number of plateaux points: 30, 50, 70, 80, 90, etc. where you'll need to fork-out ever greater amounts to keep it ticking up.  Scaling back staff etc. will temporarily reduce your CI, but it should start climbing again so long as you keep spending.

geb

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 05:44:17 PM »
There was me thinking something obscure was involved.

Thanks the same !

GEB

Nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 12:34:39 AM »
Managed 50 CI but had to scale back my LH ops (and staff)

You fired staff? If so, note that this is CI suicide.

minerva

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 06:07:04 PM »
Hardly suicide.  Yes it drops your CI and morale -- but that can be recovered without further spending.  Unless you are doing it manually, staff always bloats beyond requirements and need pruning back once in a while, and especially if your CI is at a plateaux (70 or 90, say) and you don't intend on going beyond it, you might as well be spending the same money to get back to that level over a few months than spending to hold your place. 

Nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »
Hardly suicide.  Yes it drops your CI and morale -- but that can be recovered without further spending.  Unless you are doing it manually, staff always bloats beyond requirements and need pruning back once in a while, and especially if your CI is at a plateaux (70 or 90, say) and you don't intend on going beyond it, you might as well be spending the same money to get back to that level over a few months than spending to hold your place. 

If you manually fire staff..... your CI will crash. Unless this has been changed, this can make your CI go negative overnight. And if you are already struggling.... this is suicide in the sense that you will BK. Also, if you manually lower pay by a significant amount, the result is the same.

minerva

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 07:45:43 PM »
No.  Yes it drops your CI and lowers morale, but I recently fired more than 500 staff across the board in an effort to reduce personnel back to 100-101% and my CI dropped from 90 to 81.  Now if your starting CI is less than 20 you could get a negative CI, but at that low level you likely wouldn't have much excess staffing anyway (or you are seriously underspending on marketing), and again, CI returns to pre-firing levels without any increase in marketing at the same rate as it did before.

geb

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 09:58:18 PM »
Yeah, mine dropped 19 points when I ditched my A340s..

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 12:53:28 PM »
Here......  336 aircraft's about to enter the used market  http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Airline/120/

77 MD90's for the used market in a few weeks....  ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.