Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: What aircraft type? And what is the optimum leasing year?  (Read 825 times)

caglar35

• Former member
What aircraft type? And what is the optimum leasing year?
« on: January 26, 2012, 12:01:17 AM »
Some more questions.. I need a suggest for the future fleet expansion.

Currently i am operating 2 airbus 320-200 1 airbus 321-100 1 boeing 737-200 adv 4 bombardier crj100-200 series 3 fokker mk50, 5 dc9 and 18 md82-83-87 so which fleet should I consider for future and which ones should I not renew the leasing? Or should I go for 1 type of boein or airbus series_?

And what bout leasing year. What year is most optimum for leasing 5-7-10 ?

Offline lunchbox

• Members
Re: What aircraft type? And what is the optimum leasing year?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 12:44:18 AM »
For future expansion, I would start right off the bat and get rid of your dc-9's and your B732 immediately.  Fuel is getting to the point, that flying these planes will bk you.  It looks like you already have too many fleets.  I would hate to see your fleet commonality costs  8).

As of going for an all Airbus, or Boeing fleet, you will be waiting a while for your planes.  My suggestion would be to slim down your fleets and start ordering B737NG to replace your Airbuses, and MD-80's( I like the MD-80's, but they are real thirsty planes, and maintenance costs are higher).  For your CRJ's, and F50's,  I would move towards a Saab2000 or the Q400.  The CRJ-200's are not really efficient for the amount of pax carried.

As for leasing, if it's a new bird, 2 yrs or less, I usually lease for 10 yrs.  Anything older and I lease it until the D-check is due.

That's just my two cents, hope that helps ;D

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 04:05:47 AM »
I'm relatively new around here but my favorite planes so far are any model of MD-80 15 years old or less. I also like EMB-120s if you want to run some small regional routes, the backbone of my current airline in DoTM was built on EMB-120s earning the money for bigger planes.

Nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 07:13:24 AM »
All of these suggestions are great to maybe avoid bk tomorrow. But to run a successful shop, you have to quit and do this:

- chose aircraft types based on the way you want your airline route map to look like in the future.
- for example:
If you are based in ewr and would like to dominate routes to north, south America and Europe. You can do this with only a320 and a330/40 fleet groups. This will make you bullet proof.

But not many airlines think like me, so maybe I'm wrong. But my profit margins are pretty good. Im set on idea that if I have 2 fleets and 2 engine types, the o ly way of putting me out of business is if i log into aws very drunk and mess things up.

Sulton111

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 02:06:05 PM »
I agree with Gravity on this im back after a few months away and have started right off the bat to build up slow with only 1 fleet type ATR both the 72 and 42 come under the same commonality as do the engines.

now while i wont be making huge profits i also wont be making huge losses anytime soon either until i have at least 15 ATR aircraft i wont be looking at a different fleet type.

Now im no genius at this game but i do believe any RL airline would do the same with just the one fleet type.

coopdogyo

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 02:46:08 AM »
If your routes are not more than 2000nm i would suggest the MD-90 it has pretty good fuel consumption and is available much sooner for millions less. 

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.