Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How to get rid of CV-340s  (Read 2561 times)

mar88

• Former member
How to get rid of CV-340s
« on: January 21, 2012, 06:57:51 AM »
I purchased 2 Convair 340s thinking that the could fill in on a few routes needing business class. After looking at the situation again I realized that I don't want them and would rather buy F.28s. Is there a way to sell the planes to a AI broker and get rid of them that way? I ask cause they don't seem to be getting purchased alot. Or should I try to lease them out?

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: How to get rid of CV-340s
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 07:24:53 AM »
If you list them normally on the used market, the AI brokers might buy them. But you might have to make them very cheap.

My final CV has been on the market at 1.5 million, which is ~70% of the book value, for almost 4 game years now.

mar88

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 05:59:23 PM »
Well that stinks. Guess I'll just try to lease them out or something or use them as capital for a loan.
I'll take your CV-440, it can incrase my company value.
Would it be better to use the planes to take out a loan and open a new base or should I lease them out?

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 01:56:27 AM »
You can do both. First take out the loan, and then put them on the market as lease only.

You may well have the same problems with leasing them out though, that there are a lot of them available, and most airlines have moved on from using them. But as you say, owning them and just having them sit on the market still helps your CV, and gives you more access to loans. If you're planning to open a new base, then your best option may be to actually fly them yourself, and generate more profit.

mar88

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 02:59:43 AM »
I am going to lease out the planes at a low rate so hopefully someone will take them and the income from them will cover almost all of my loan payments.

Offline Airto3

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 11:01:08 AM »
Have 15 or so for sale or lease myself. Offering them as cheap as it goes with no success. So if u're based at an Airport with a lot of 40-50 ish pax routes. Consider leasing them from used aircraft market.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.