Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Avro RJ  (Read 956 times)

Offline ARASKA

• Members
Avro RJ
« on: January 18, 2012, 09:59:58 PM »
Is the Avro RJ a good plane for around this time in the Modern Times scenario? They seem to be easy to get on the used market.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: Avro RJ
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 10:18:07 PM »
They're easy to get at the moment because a big airline with lots of them just BKed.

As for whether they're good, compare them to the F100, B717, CRJ900, Tu-334, Yak42, etc for pax, speed, price and thirstiness. All around the 70-110 seat mark, but there are some big differences between them.

minerva

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 08:59:01 PM »
I have a fleet of about 70 of them (and have used them in previous games as well).  Like all a/c in AWS they are better in certain situations than others.  One of their best assets is runway performance, so they are useful flying to/from smaller airports that have decent demand. That is mainly how I am using them. But they are quite thirsty compared to other 100 seat a/c so their profitablity declines quicker than other models when fuel rises.  In this scenario they can be quite useful as a stop-gap until other more efficient planes are available: for instance, my fleet of them are flying routes that I will transfer to Q400s as soon as they become available.  I wouldn't use them in a long-time frame strategy -- once fuel spikes above c. $500 you'll want to be rid of them quickly.

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 04:21:06 AM »
You won't want to keep them long if you bother with them.

OP -did you get my last PM? I have a feeling my mobile browser isn't sending them right. (it was a while ago)

Offline GlobalCEO

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 03:57:09 AM »
I agree, they are good for serving your demand on those 70-100 pax routes but they are thirsty birds. I have 41 and turned to them instead of the F100 b/c of accessibility. Once a certain, other 100 seater comes out I will be replacing all of my AVROs.

As for now, not bad.

Offline Sad-anorak

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 08:00:06 AM »

Hi,

I have just seen this thread after re-starting using 2 RJ-100's on my
100'ish pax routes except for 1 which is higher, but are they ok on route's
of about 500 miles, or should I get rid quick as fuel is at 451 at the
moment?, I was going to use the RJ70 on my lower demand route's until
now!, I realise a Q400 is only slightly slower and on pax for pax fuel wise
there is no other option than to go for the Q400 over the RJ70, thank's
for the thread or I may have gone under again!.

Cheers,

Steve.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 01:59:33 PM »

Hi,

I have just seen this thread after re-starting using 2 RJ-100's on my
100'ish pax routes except for 1 which is higher, but are they ok on route's
of about 500 miles, or should I get rid quick as fuel is at 451 at the
moment?, I was going to use the RJ70 on my lower demand route's until
now!, I realise a Q400 is only slightly slower and on pax for pax fuel wise
there is no other option than to go for the Q400 over the RJ70, thank's
for the thread or I may have gone under again!.

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi Steve,

The Avro RJ's/BAe 146's are not horrible planes. Keep them on routes under ~1000 miles (preferably under 500) and you will be ok. I have not looked a the Q400 que, but it is generally a popular plane. I would, however, start getting orders in for it if you have a market for the RJ70. My plan of action would be to get about 10 Avro's and get a small network going, then order Q400's as often as possible. Replace all the Avro's with Q400's when they arrive, adding extra frequencies where needed. Later on, the Embraer 190 and 195 will offer an excellent 90-110 seat option that can not be beat which will be an excellent replacement for you RJ100's.

I have successfully operated BAe's and Avro's in the past. They are not the death wagons some make them out to be, but there are certainly better planes available. You should, however, survive with them if you take it slow and plan their replacement now.

Don
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.