Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Only 1 hub?  (Read 1240 times)

deepblue501

• Former member
Only 1 hub?
« on: January 14, 2009, 01:14:35 AM »
Why can an airline only have 1 hub?? in real life many airlines have 1 main hub and a few secondary hubs. Will you introduce this possibility into the game? Otherwise, at a certain moment, an airline that grows fast will have simply speaking a lack of profitable destinations to fly to from its main hub. At that moment having the choice of a secondary hub would be great. But perhaps this is an option which is available in the paid game?

Offline mtnlion

• Members
Re: Only 1 hub?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 02:21:28 AM »
I don't know if Sami will add this feature in the future, but at the moment you can only have one "hub". Well, it's possible in a way, you just have to start the flights from your own primary hub. For example, if your airline is based in LHR and you want to set up new hub to CDG, you always have to fly LHR-CDG-WHAT EVER-CDG-LHR.

Echoco

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 02:42:09 AM »
I like to think of it this way, airway sim was released just 4 days ago so there's a lot that they will build into it in the future.

Dazwalsh

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 04:38:04 PM »
yeah the feature request forum is your best bet to find information, Sami has all the answers in there and im sure its been requested numerous times before along with ways and ideas about how best to implement it. :)

Offline Dan380

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 05:15:50 PM »
The problem with hubs, is that when one player earns enough money he can move into EVERY market in the game. A small solution would be to limit you to hubs in your own country, but in somewhere like the USA, one player can still ruin the games of hundreds.

Dazwalsh

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 05:24:59 PM »
true, maybe limiting to 3 hubs in total on the same continent would be an idea, but there deffo cant be free access to the whole of the world, the big airlines would stamp all over the little ones

CX717

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 05:51:06 PM »
my idea are 2-3 hubs at your own country with no route limitation
1 hub in own continent and with route limitation.  :)

Offline highways1

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 05:52:09 PM »
I would definitely say that 3 hubs is not a bad idea. For example, a major airline like Continental Airlines has 3 hubs, Newark, Houston, and Cleveland. Of course airlines also have smaller hubs and focus cities but let's not get ahead of ourselves. I will say though that in reality, the large airlines do normally dominate the smaller ones, but you certainly don't see American carriers flying domestic Austrailian routes for example. If there is going to be a hub limit expansion, it should only be in the home country of the airline. I recognize this could create an imbalance in certain areas so it would have to be tinkered with.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.